Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Now we are making progress! (Dead serious)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#25 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Being GM is mostly an offseason job aside from practice squad nonsense.

I stated that already

#26 Real Emotional Trash

Real Emotional Trash
  • PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

I stated that already

Congrats? It was still a silly comment and I responded as I read it.

#27 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

i used to believe that. i won't make that mistake again. unless i see wins happening, esp. when it matters, i won't believe it.

seeing is believing. i would feel better about it if i heard that there were some stipulations set in place...some bar of expectation beyond just trying to be a teensy bit better than the year before...something along the lines of winning season or playoffs or he's gone.

i want a winning team. i want a team back in the playoffs. if rivera can't do that in year three it's most likely he will never be able to achieve that.

the biggest cancer that this team has had wasn't hurney...it was the culture. a culture of complacency and comfort. i want that changed and unless i hear differently i have no faith that that culture will be changed.

Ditto on all your points. I guess it's easier to take things as they come when you totally don't give a fug about the team and how it moves forward. That happened to me in the middle of the season. Seriously stopped caring. Then, poof, they started getting their poo together. They learned to close games, Rivera actually learned a lot.

I guess it's the optimist in me that believes we're one step closer and a good draft will help.

The cancer that you say did Leave, it left with Fox, Hurney was the remains. As soon as Hurney was gone, what happened? You saw it. I realize it came too little too late. But winning, even if it's garbage time wins, is winning. The hell with a top 5 pick. We're not picking top 10. Hell yes! Those may be small steps, but I rather have baby steps than none at all at this point.

#28 chknwing

chknwing

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

no I dont want a fan as a GM. Making Fantasy League trades etc. I want someone that knows how to be a gm, knows how to build a winning football team, knows how to evaluate talent, and knows how to manage cap figures as to not handcuff the team in the future. Beane, lacks the experience necessary.

#29 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

no I dont want a fan as a GM. Making Fantasy League trades etc. I want someone that knows how to be a gm, knows how to build a winning football team, knows how to evaluate talent, and knows how to manage cap figures as to not handcuff the team in the future. Beane, lacks the experience necessary.

Your logic eliminates Marc Ross! Who do you want?

#30 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

Your logic eliminates Marc Ross! Who do you want?

and how? Ross is the director of scouting and has been a scout.

#31 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

If you go way back, you might remember that the word on what the Panthers wanted was someone who was "an up and coming GM" (i.e. not a retread) and someone with a "strong scouting background".

And if you want confirmation of that, just look at the current interview list:

Lake Dawson - 12 years scouting experience
George Paton - 16 years scouting experience
Marc Ross - 16 years scouting experience
Dave Gettleman - 25 years scouting experience

Brandon Beane's scouting experience? He watched a bowl game a couple of weeks ago.

#32 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

If you go way back, you might remember that the word on what the Panthers wanted was someone who was "an up and coming GM" (i.e. not a retread) and someone with a "strong scouting background".

And if you want confirmation of that, just look at the current interview list:

Lake Dawson - 12 years scouting experience
George Paton - 16 years scouting experience
Marc Ross - 16 years scouting experience
Dave Gettleman - 25 years scouting experience

Brandon Beane's scouting experience? He watched a bowl game a couple of weeks ago.

pwned...

#33 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

He said he wanted someone that knows how to be a GM, Ross has never been one! He had a multitude of requirements that eliminates pretty much everyone! Trying to see who he had in mind to fill his requirements.

Don't get me wrong, not saying I want Beane as our GM, but I am unimpressed with the Ross resume to the point I feel like, "Hey, let the guy that really wants to do it have a shot!"

#34 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

He said he wanted someone that knows how to be a GM, Ross has never been one! He had a multitude of requirements that eliminates pretty much everyone! Trying to see who he had in mind to fill his requirements.

Don't get me wrong, not saying I want Beane as our GM, but I am unimpressed with the Ross resume to the point I feel like, "Hey, let the guy that really wants to do it have a shot!"

Actually, he said he wanted someone who has "never been one".