Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TruCatzFan

So... Who does Rivera fire/replace from his staff?

46 posts in this topic

I thought special teams play improved once Richard Rogers got comfortable in the role (took a few games) but for the final 4-5 games special teams looked a bit better. Would like to see what he can do with a full offseason as prep and more control of personnel.

Coaches on the bubble? Offensive ones - Chud, the running backs coach Settle and maybe Graves, the WR coach. Possibly Shula? With the Scott Turner and Norv Turner connection, I hope we replace Chud w/ Norv.

This just made me think of Hadooki Nakamorons fake punt fail.

This just made me think of Hadooki Nakamorons fake punt fail.

Not every play works every time. In retrospect, yeah - pretty dumb. To be honest, I sure as heck did not see that coming. Very uncharacteristic of us - but even so - special teams did improve slightly once Rodgers took over full time. Def. have to do something about Adams and our return situation, but we covered pretty well and made great tackles.

1 person likes this

I just want him to bring in Norv Turner as assistant head coach / offensive coordinator. Maybe just demote Chud or something.

thats what I wish, or Pat Shurmur but its never gonna happen

Eh, Whitfield and Weinke make a shitload of money on providing private lessons, doubt they'd be willing to give it up to be a full-time coach.

No reason why they should.

Why give up autonomy for accountability?

I'd like to see an OC not named Chudzinski or Turner.

I don't see any coaching personnel changes. We can only hope that the current staff has learned its lessons. Hopefully JR gave them an ultimatum and there is a sense of urgency.

Safeties coach, special teams coach, tight ends coach (aside from olsen they have done nothing), all should be fired at minimum

Might be kinda tough to fire the safeties coach seeing as we don't have one.

(Steve Wilks coaches the entire secondary, and I doubt he's going anywhere)

Realistically, no one.

I wish he would replace...

OC - Rob Chudzinski with Norv Turner

ST - Richard Rogers with Dave Toub

Assistant OL - Ray Brown with Juan Castillo

Strength and Conditioning - Joe Kenn with Rick Lyle

QB - Mike Shula with Chris Weinke

they were all trending upward. why change?

Wilks was fantastic this year.

For those that want Turner - read on Chud for five seconds. Chud made his name working under Turner. Even if the team fired Chud, Turner probably wouldn't take that job for that reason. He's not going to take a position coach job. There's just not a place here for that to happen.

Wilks was fantastic this year.

For those that want Turner - read on Chud for five seconds. Chud made his name working under Turner. Even if the team fired Chud, Turner probably wouldn't take that job for that reason. He's not going to take a position coach job. There's just not a place here for that to happen.

There is a difference between wanting someone and thinking it's going to happen.

Most of us (most) recognize that there is no way that Norv Turner will be a part of this staff but it would be a good pick up if he did join the staff.

Chud is just a little to bit of a bipolar play caller, I'm sure he is a great guy and a good human being but he really needs to work on staying consistent throughout the game regardless of what the fans say (whether they boo or cheer).