Photo
- - - - -

So... Who does Rivera fire/replace from his staff?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

thats all that matters, right?

Pretty much.

#32 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

I do not think that anyone will be replaced.

#33 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

McDermot needs to go because basically Rivera had to take over and coach the defense the last 3/4 of the season by himself.

What evidence do you have of this? The players say McDermott runs the defense, I see him calling it on the field, so what is it that tells you Rivera took over the last 3/4 of the year?

Everybody knows Rivera is a great D coach, so they tend to give him credit when we look good, and blame McDermott when we look bad. I don't believe that is either fair or accurate.

#34 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,947 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Not seeing Norv as a serious HC candidate in the interwebs. If he can agree to become an Indian rather than a Chief, I would take him.

Something about the first 10 games of the season and how this offense looked makes me believe Chud is an "over-thinker".

#35 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,444 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Worth noting...

Pat Y reported that he has heard about the offensive coaching staff having "chemistry issues". Expects Rivera to tweak his coaches

#36 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Worth noting...

Pat Y reported that he has heard about the offensive coaching staff having "chemistry issues". Expects Rivera to tweak his coaches

You're saying maybe Santa Claus is real after all?

#37 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Part of me would love to see Norv as the OC but I don't know the relationship he has with Rivera. Seems kind of weird to hire your old boss. Would it undermine Rivera? After years of being under Norv how would the dynamic work with it being the other way around. It all depends on relationships, chemistry and how much free reign the coordinators do get.

If Ron lets Chud do whatever he wants I'd want Norv but if Ron has started to control Chud (like I think he has) I see that as a better relationship. I wonder where the problems are in offensive coaching chemistry?

#38 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,827 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

When we win the SuperBowl with him as our HC... I better not read a single damned post from you about how you always wanted him to stay or "I told you guys he could win"

You should be ashamed of yourself!

"when" lol

#39 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,444 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Part of me would love to see Norv as the OC but I don't know the relationship he has with Rivera. Seems kind of weird to hire your old boss. Would it undermine Rivera? After years of being under Norv how would the dynamic work with it being the other way around. It all depends on relationships, chemistry and how much free reign the coordinators do get.

If Ron lets Chud do whatever he wants I'd want Norv but if Ron has started to control Chud (like I think he has) I see that as a better relationship. I wonder where the problems are in offensive coaching chemistry?

Well, Norv likes Rivera enough to hire him to his staff. I think Norv says he wants to work with others he has worked with before.....so that only leaves guys who were his equals or beneath him.

I could see maybe the OL coach or something like that having issues with playcalling.....meaning Chud asked them to essentially do the impossible

#40 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,610 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

If Chudzinki was the reason our offense was bad early and there was disagreement in the offensive staff because of that then he needs to go.

If he was the reason they got better then he needs to stay.

#41 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Well, Norv likes Rivera enough to hire him to his staff. I think Norv says he wants to work with others he has worked with before.....so that only leaves guys who were his equals or beneath him.

I could see maybe the OL coach or something like that having issues with playcalling.....meaning Chud asked them to essentially do the impossible

I think back to the several times this year that Cam talked vaguely about play calling and specifically about the need for a balanced O. James Stewart also indicated in one of James Anderson's live chats that the read option/running game was a prime controversy among the offensive players.

I think most of the staff would prefer a more balanced attack than what Chud's nature allows. Yes, he became much more balanced as the year went on, but I'm not convinced it was by choice.

So yeah, I think there are some disagreements among the offensive group.

#42 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Again I'd love Norv, but no chance in hell

#43 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,444 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Again I'd love Norv, but no chance in hell

If Norv will take a 1-2 yr deal..it could happen. Jerry has saved money on coaches.....if Chud was the biggest issue Jerry might have no issue hiring a proven guy like Norv who actually keeps the scheme intact.

#44 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,243 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

I wouldn't mind Whisenhunt as OC/AHC. Chud can stay on as a TE coach. Or get the boot.
Definitely do not want Norv.

Never was sold on McDerp, but the defense made strides this year. Eric Washington needs to be kept as long as possible - potential DC after McDerp.

#45 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,236 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

I want continuity, keep the staff as is. I hope it's been made very plain to Rivera about the expectations, now he needs to impose that on his staff.

If we don't come out in Week 1 with a sense of urgency it'll be a looooong season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com