Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Players that are screwed now

53 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rayzor' timestamp='1357420073' post='2079033']
they're all safe.

why change? rome wasn't built in a day, right?
[/quote]

Rome's success wasn't built in a day.

Charlotte's disappointment took only 18 years.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthers4lyfe' timestamp='1357421166' post='2079090']
dwill.. any chance we had of restructuring him and keeping him on the ball club just went out the window.. he will surely be cut or traded now which is a shame because i really like deangelo
[/quote]
Rivera might have taken a new liking to DWill after that Saints** game performance. it very well might have saved Rivera's job.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Khaki Lackey' timestamp='1357421661' post='2079109']
Rivera might have taken a new liking to DWill after that Saints** game performance. it very well might have saved Rivera's job.
[/quote]

Right. Rivera's job was saved by winning meaningless games late in the season after any post-season hopes were crushed.

Why can't DeAngelo Williams keep his job after tearing it up in a meaningless game at the end of the season after any post-season hopes were crushed?

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

Rivera essentially demoted him 2 consecutive years. He demoted him this year after his first nice showing against the worst D in NFL history

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

Unfortunately, it really doesn't matter. We are going to have to move one of our RB's, and Stewart's contract makes it pretty much impossible to move him.

Posted · Report post

I recall a bunch of Huddlers clamoring for Rivera to put Adams back on the field. Rivera should give the guy another chance, how can Rivera keep Adams inactive and activate Edwards, etc. Rivera finally put Adams back on the field and we all know what happened. Maybe, just maybe, the guys that aren't playing, aren't ready to play...
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Anybodyhome' timestamp='1357421825' post='2079114']

Right. Rivera's job was saved by winning meaningless games late in the season after any post-season hopes were crushed.

Why can't DeAngelo Williams keep his job after tearing it up in a meaningless game at the end of the season after any post-season hopes were crushed?
[/quote]

Maybe RR would of had an easier time winning games that mattered.....if highly paid players weren't watching from the sideline and instead that money was used on a guy playing every down at a weakness.

I can't understand people still wanting this pointless clusterfluck in our backfield. Not about them as individuals it is about what having highly paid cheerleaders prevents us from doing
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You David Gettis fanboys are ridiculous.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I dont think Joe Adams in the dog house is Rivera specific.
Any HC taking over this roster would be hesitant.
I believe he had a total of 24 touches this year and 4 fumbles.

You simply cant put a player on the field who performs like that.
He better get it fixed yesterday or he'll be selling phones in the Mall next year.

For comparison DWill has somewhere in the neighborhodd of 1400 touches and 8 career fumbles.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TruCatzFan' timestamp='1357420232' post='2079043']
Gettis sadly won't be retained... And then he'll go to somebody else in the Division and become The perennial Pro Bowler that we all know he will be.
[/quote]

Just like everybody else who leaves the Panthers. Stevie Brown and Dairus Butler are two people just to name a few.

Posted · Report post

You know I've been too lazy to put this for a while but I suppose I'll do it now

Rivera said early in the season that the reason Adams was in the doghouse wasn't the drops. It's because he wanted the safer north/south guy out there returning punts over Adams and his explosive but east/west tendency.

Just thought is throw that in.

Posted · Report post

Any player that will give the Panthers + cap space = player in danger. (Outside a few)