- - - - -

Players that are screwed now

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#11 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Gettis sadly won't be retained... And then he'll go to somebody else in the Division and become The perennial Pro Bowler that we all know he will be.

Gettis is by far the most overrated player on this message board. Yes, he caught 3 big balls way back in 2010....3 plays and in 2010 have people thinking we have AJ Green sitting on the sideline.

#12 Crixtala

Crixtala

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationAsheville
HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Joe Adams and Josh Norman were both benched for extended periods of time under Rivera. I don't think they're any more "his guys", than anybody else. They were all drafted by Hurney.

yeah, i can see the argument for them both being in rivera's doghouse... but as much as people want to hate rivera, he's not dumb enough to ignore the potential of these guys.

you can't bail on these rookies yet, even if they were hurney picks... still a lot of potential to the picks

#13 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV
HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

http://www.panthers....eam/roster.html

#14 Mage

Mage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Why do people think Rivera dislikes Gettis? He missed most of practice and had been hurt for awhile. Maybe, just maybe, he really wasn't ready to contribute in this offense?

You guys jump to a conclusion way too quickly.

#15 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm a good clown

SUPPORTER

I don't think Bruce Campbell is in the doghouse at all. In fact, we may have kept him on the sideline all year to keep him focused on playing left tackle only. Could be we were preparing for life without Gross maybe.

#16 Vagrant

Vagrant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Gettis is by far the most overrated player on this message board. Yes, he caught 3 big balls way back in 2010....3 plays and in 2010 have people thinking we have AJ Green sitting on the sideline.

He caught more than 3 balls that year. And three big plays having Jimmy Clausen throwing the ball is like.... 10 from Cam. He was hands down better than LaFell at the start of their respective careers and since Rivera wasn't here to see it, it didn't happen. Louis Murphy is Legendu v2.

I would also like to add Gary Barnidge. I totally forgot about him and his non-existent usage.

#17 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Hurney wasn't a football guy. I think 2011 and 2012 where pretty much Rivera drafts. 2010 was Hurney's draft and everything else Fox.

I think the new GM is going to heavily hit Hurney's 2010 and Fox's boys.

#18 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

I don't know what's overrated about seeing a rookie make the plays he did... There is proof he CAN play. Again, Simms said during our CBS broadcast this year that Gettis was explosive and would be a big contributor to our offense for years to come. Yet, Rivera publicly argued with him and he never saw the active list again thereafter.

You can't teach his size/speed combo, and he can get behind a defense. People want to downplay what he did as a rookie and compare him to Drew Carter... Well, Carter never made the type of plays Gettis did. EVER.

#19 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

I don't know what's overrated about seeing a rookie make the plays he did... There is proof he CAN play. Again, Simms said during our CBS broadcast this year that Gettis was explosive and would be a big contributor to our offense for years to come. Yet, Rivera publicly argued with him and he never saw the active list again thereafter.

You can't teach his size/speed combo, and he can get behind a defense. People want to downplay what he did as a rookie and compare him to Drew Carter... Well, Carter never made the type of plays Gettis did. EVER.

Plus his teammates say he's got the fastest wheels on the team. I think we should see what he can do based on his size and speed alone.

#20 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

He caught more than 3 balls that year. And three big plays having Jimmy Clausen throwing the ball is like.... 10 from Cam. He was hands down better than LaFell at the start of their respective careers and since Rivera wasn't here to see it, it didn't happen. Louis Murphy is Legendu v2.

I would also like to add Gary Barnidge. I totally forgot about him and his non-existent usage.

3 balls made the legend.

and Clausen didn't throw a single one of them.

and no, Gettis was a better vertical threat as a rookie but LaFell showed to have a more complete game as a rookie. People like the big plays....but LaFell was showing more all around skills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users