Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Popp getting interest

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Hoe does anyone hate Beane already? He has been the GM for like 5 minutes.

- Member of the illustrious Marty Hurney executive tree

- Prior experience includes making travel arrangements, booking rooms and ensuring Hurney's clothes were laundered appropriately

- Promoting from within when you're a bottom tier organization

Posted

stop drop and pop it

Posted

I can easily see Beane retained and groomed to become GM in the near future.

I'd only favor that if it was the far, distant future.

Not in favor of putting a guy in charge of personnel evaluation when he's never even worked as a scout. Would much rather have someone who worked his way up through the scouting system ranks, and there are plenty of guys like that available. I'd prefer Beane stick to logistics.

As to Popp, not real high on that idea either. The CFL isn't the NFL. If he started with a lesser role and worked his way up, okay. Handing him the keys to the franchise with no NFL experience though? Uh uh :(

Posted

at least he has experience in the job.

Whereas Beane has about ten weeks more experience in player evaluation and roster management than...me :unsure:

Posted

- Member of the illustrious Marty Hurney executive tree

- Prior experience includes making travel arrangements, booking rooms and ensuring Hurney's clothes were laundered appropriately

- Promoting from within when you're a bottom tier organization

I bet 90% of the people on this forum who work for a boss think the guy running things is an idiot and if you were boss you would do things differently.

Posted

I bet 90% of the people on this forum who work for a boss think the guy running things is an idiot and if you were boss you would do things differently.

Except the guy who would be the boss in this case has next to no experience and works in an entirely different field of work

We may as well promote the groundskeeper.

Posted

Guys, this Jimmy Popp is the GM for the Montreal Alouettes. Living in Canada I get the chance to watch the abomination that is called the CFL. If you look back I said Medlock was a shitter cause I saw him play for my home team. (My only piece of evidence that somewhat assures i know something about the CFL.) This Popp cracker might actually be a decent idea. The Alouettes have dominated the CFL for like the past decade. They're like the Patriots of the CFL. (2000 lost, 2002 won, 2003 lost, 2005 lost, 2006 lost, 2008 lost, 2009 won, 2010 won.) I also think their head coach Jim Tressel is also getting some looks around the league. I know I know, the CFL is dogshit and has eight teams but, it has lead some talent into the NFL and he is the VP and GM of a winning club.

Posted

I'd think my boss was an idiot if he was promoted from fry cook to CTO, yes.

Posted

Jim Popp is a juicy jewel of flavor.

Posted

Jim Tressel? dafug did I just read?

Posted

I'd think my boss was an idiot if he was promoted from fry cook to CTO, yes.

i'm pretty sure my boss is an idiot. too bad i can't fire myself.

Posted

Whether or not my boss is an idiot depends a lot on whether they're within hearing range :unsure:

Anytime they're close enough to hear me talking, they become one of the smartest people I ever met.