Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So wait, im confused (cap space related.)

46 posts in this topic

Posted

How does this work exactly? Last year before we signed J Stew to that big contract, all we kept hearing before that was "we only have $5 mill in cap space." But then out of nowhere we hear Stewart signed this massive 40 million plus contract despite us "having little to no cap space." So I am completely confused how cap space works, if we only had around $5 mill in cap space, how did we manage to sign Stewart to a 40 mill contract? Whatever kind of accounting magic we did to make that work, cant we just like, I dont know.... Just do that again next season?

Posted

I hate you

2 people like this

Posted

yeah, its weird how they managed to give him all that money at once.

Posted

Carolina fans are some of the most knowlegable in the league.

Posted

Always seems to me that we have no cap room, and yet always manage to sign guys to the massive contracts. I have no idea how it works either man.

Posted

How does this work exactly? Last year before we signed J Stew to that big contract, all we kept hearing before that was "we only have $5 mill in cap space." But then out of nowhere we hear Stewart signed this massive 40 million plus contract despite us "having little to no cap space." So I am completely confused how cap space works, if we only had around $5 mill in cap space, how did we manage to sign Stewart to a 40 mill contract? Whatever kind of accounting magic we did to make that work, cant we just like, I dont know.... Just do that again next season?

27222783.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Always seems to me that we have no cap room, and yet always manage to sign guys to the massive contracts. I have no idea how it works either man.

He thinks we paid Stew 40 million last year in one lump sum, lol....

Posted

We're taking out loans from the federal government, of course...

1 person likes this

Posted

no i dont think that at all, im just saying that i keep hearing we cant sign any FAs next season because of our cap situation but yet our cap situation didnt prevent us from locking up Stewart to a nice contract

Posted

Lol my bad I didn't realize that. Even I'm not that stupid.

Posted

Signing bonus is divided over the first 5 years of the contract. Base salary does not, so you can have a big contract but a low cap hit in some years.. Next

1 person likes this

Posted

Only 5 million came from the panthers, the other 35 million came directly out of JRs bank account. Hope this clears up your confusion.