45 replies to this topic

#1 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,177 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Just a fun little game to get us off the devisive coaching topic. I'm using spotrac.com to get my cap figures. Hopefully they are accurate.

Cut:
Ron Edwards- His cap figure is scheduled to go up by about $1m. You can save $2m by cutting him. Maybe he would take a pay cut to stay in the league.

Chris Gamble- Has a $10m cap figure, $7m of which is base salary. You can really save a lot of space by cutting him and he might even come back for less money. That might be a pipe dream as some contender will overpay.

Bruce Cambell- He's making about $540k. Not much but we can't really dpend on him for anything.

Armanti Edwards- I actually like Armanti more than most of you. His cap figure is just a bit high at $750k

Derek Anderson- Technically a FA, he's a luxury we cannot afford.

JJ Jansen- I dunno, maybe he is God's gift to long snappers but he's making more than Greg Hardy.

Geoff Hangartner- Looks like he's a no strings attached $1.5 base salary next year. We can do better with young guys bouncing around the league. Hell don't throw Mike Pollak on IR for a hurt pinkey next season.

Keep:
Jordan Gross- His cap figure is only going up by $200k. In the past he has said he would be glad to restructure to help out the team. If he can swallow his pride and take a 4 year deal for significantly less money then you keep him as a starter transistioning into a reserve. If he won't take a serious pay cut then he moves into the cut category.

Jon Beason- I love Jon and I was going to put him in the "cut" list but I couldn't do it. His cap figure of $9.5m is ugly, he will need to get it down to a more reasonable number or face the cut list as well.

Kealoha Pilares- I just really liked his versatility. He can be the all purpose guy for our offense if he stays healthy

Jason Phillips- I believe he's a RFA. He's been a great guy to plug in when injuries mount.

Kenny Onatalu- If this guy stays healthy he can help us

Deangelo Williams- If I'm reading this correctly his capfigure actually goes down by $500k in 2013. The ideal to cut him would be before the 2014 season with a June 1st cut ala Travelle Wharton. Trading him to a contendor is also an option but he can help us win.

Trade: James Anderson- If you can Shed JA's deal for a 4th or 5th round pick I would take it in a heartbeat. He's a very nice player but that salary will eat up space if we keep Beason.

Watch List:
Ryan Kalil- Ryan's cap figure is about to jump up big time. If he shows any signs of regression from injury we've got to restructure or release at some point.

http://www.spotrac.c...nthers/cap-hit/

You can see the estimated 2013 cap hits by looking at player profiles individually.

#2 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

As stated before, if we cut beason we lose cap money. We have to either keep him and restructure or trade him.

#3 SparkyDevil

SparkyDevil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Sort of agree. I think everyone but James Anderson and DeAngelo Williams should be kept. You need to try as hard as possible to trade them to free up some cap space and get some additional draft picks. Restructure as many contracts as you can - if we have guys willing to shift dollars and create depth, do it. I rather have Hangartner as a backup RG/LG/C then waste a draft pick on a backup. Hangy's only making 800K anyway.

#4 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,177 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Yeah cutting Beason would butt Fug you for one season. Keeping him could butt fug you for 5 if he's not healthy. It's not easy and we don't have all the information.

#5 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Gone-Ron Edwards- His cap figure is scheduled to go up by about $1m. You can save $2m by cutting him. Maybe he would take a pay cut to stay in the league.

Gone-Chris Gamble- Has a $10m cap figure, $7m of which is base salary. You can really save a lot of space by cutting him and he might even come back for less money. That might be a pipe dream as some contender will overpay.

Cheap/backup-Bruce Cambell- He's making about $540k. Not much but we can't really dpend on him for anything.

Gone-Armanti Edwards- I actually like Armanti more than most of you. His cap figure is just a bit high at $750k

Gone-Derek Anderson- Technically a FA, he's a luxury we cannot afford.

Safe-JJ Jansen- I dunno, maybe he is God's gift to long snappers but he's making more than Greg Hardy.

Gone-Geoff Hangartner- Looks like he's a no strings attached $1.5 base salary next year. We can do better with young guys bouncing around the league. Hell don't throw Mike Pollak on IR for a hurt pinkey next season.

Reatructure/gone-Jordan Gross- His cap figure is only going up by $200k. In the past he has said he would be glad to restructure to help out the team. If he can swallow his pride and take a 4 year deal for significantly less money then you keep him as a starter transistioning into a reserve. If he won't take a serious pay cut then he moves into the cut category.

Restructure-Jon Beason- I love Jon and I was going to put him in the "cut" list but I couldn't do it. His cap figure of $9.5m is ugly, he will need to get it down to a more reasonable number or face the cut list as well.

Cheap/backup safe-Kealoha Pilares- I just really liked his versatility. He can be the all purpose guy for our offense if he stays healthy

Safe-Jason Phillips- I believe he's a RFA. He's been a great guy to plug in when injuries mount.

Gone-Kenny Onatalu- If this guy stays healthy he can help us

Restructure/June 1st cut-Deangelo Williams- If I'm reading this correctly his capfigure actually goes down by $500k in 2013. The ideal to cut him would be before the 2014 season with a June 1st cut ala Travelle Wharton. Trading him to a contendor is also an option but he can help us win.

It'd be nice-Trade: James Anderson- If you can Shed JA's deal for a 4th or 5th round pick I would take it in a heartbeat. He's a very nice player but that salary will eat up space if we keep Beason.

Safe-Ryan Kalil- Ryan's cap figure is about to jump up big time. If he shows any signs of regression from injury we've got to restructure or release at some point.

#6 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Ryan Kalil isn't going anywhere ever

#7 Lemory

Lemory

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationRivera's Doghouse

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

JJ Jansen isnt going anywhere. Didnt he sign a new deal 2 years ago?

#8 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,307 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Bruce Campbell is cheap. He is decent T competition. Why cut him?

#9 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,796 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

JJ Jansen isnt going anywhere. Didnt he sign a new deal 2 years ago?

Posted ImageO_O OMF!!! Poor stupid kitty.

#10 Lakejamescat

Lakejamescat

Help is on the Way

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

I would like to keep a veteran QB...If not DA then we need someone who can at least not lose the game if something were to happen to Cam.

#11 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Chris Gamble?

#HeGone

#12 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Keep Anderson - Clausen can go fug himself

#13 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

I like your list except for flip-flop most of the cut side with the keep side.

#14 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,649 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Lmao yeah let's cut Ryan Kalil, that bum!

#15 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,746 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Keep Anderson - Clausen can go fug himself

No kidding. One is competent and the other isn't, you want the wrong guy gone.

I'd like to see Gross restructured. That would help us a ton with the cap.

Cut Gamble, if we can keep Munnerlyn at NB I'm fine with the Josh's at CB, could also address in April.

I'd keep Ron Edwards for a better price. He's effective when healthy, which isn't often enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com