#16 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Rivera and tickets will still sell.

The average fan doesn't even know who Brandon Beane is.

#17 bigcuz

bigcuz

Old fart

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

shitty coach/shitty gm = shitty team = shitty fan support

After reading what you have posted here, I am puzzled about why you would even waste your time on the Panthers. You need a new team - how about the Bobcats ? Now that's REAL excitement !

#18 Password is Taco

Password is Taco

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Remind me. When was the last time the Panthers had a blackout?

Remind me, when was the last time the Panthers had a full stadium primarily of OUR fans.

It's kind of sad if you think about it. Poor BOA hasn't been full since we got Delhomme'd out of the playoffs.

#19 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,442 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Even if Beane is hired (which I hope does not happen) I doubt this offseason will be much different than others.

Fans will grumble fior a while, but then they'll start talking draft, new GM, etc. We'll draft a first round pick that most will deem a gridiron god from the get-go, then we'll sign a free agent or two that everyone will declare a steal. We'll get set for camp. We'll have a couple of exciting plays in preseason. Blah blah blah...

Bottom Line: By opening day next year, everyone will be rabid to go again. That's just how offseasons work.

Whether or not we're still enthusiastic after week one is the larger question.

#20 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,098 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Ugh this Beane for GM sh*t hasn't been beaten to death enough already?...

Posted Image

#21 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

People in Charlotte care a lot about the Panthers. But most people live out in the suburbs or rural areas so it's sort of a costly event to go to a Panthers game. When the Panthers lose, people watch on tv, because who wants to spend all that money on a probable L. I'm not advocating for this....it's just the reality of normal people.

The most important this thing this team can do is start strong next year.

#22 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,936 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Remind me. When was the last time the Panthers had a blackout?

Blackouts are not based on the turnstile count, they're based on tickets sales. C'mon Scot, you know better than that. The PSL is the reason there are no blackouts. Did you see the last 5 games of the season? Even with the wins the stadium was still relatively empty.

#23 pantherpain

pantherpain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Even if Beane is hired (which I hope does not happen) I doubt this offseason will be much different than others.

Fans will grumble fior a while, but then they'll start talking draft, new GM, etc. We'll draft a first round pick that most will deem a gridiron god from the get-go, then we'll sign a free agent or two that everyone will declare a steal. We'll get set for camp. We'll have a couple of exciting plays in preseason. Blah blah blah...

Bottom Line: By opening day next year, everyone will be rabid to go again. That's just how offseasons work.

Whether or not we're still enthusiastic after week one is the larger question.

Yep, just like a drug dealer they know people need their fix, and when one breaks the habit another is there to take their place.

#24 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,442 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Pretty much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com