128 replies to this topic

#16 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Blows my mind that some people once thought he was better than Cam. Not even in the same league. That's like comparing Matt Carroll to Lebron James

Until the Panthers win a playoff game, casual fans and Cam haters will continue to insist that Dalton is better.

#17 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,333 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

But but but Grits said Dalton was better than Cam! It must be true.

#18 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

He doesn't suck.

Reminds me of a cross between Phil Simms and Matt Ryan before Ryan got Julio Jones added to the mix.

Dalton has AJ Green and a bunch of guys, and had average protection today. He doesn't suck.

#19 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

He couldn't hold Cam's jock, but he doesn't suck. And I mean that. Cam is on another planet. He would have sent the Texans home today with a similar supporting cast and that many possessions.

#20 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,147 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

i just heard someone compare joe webb to cam newton............................

#21 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Until the Panthers win a playoff game, casual fans and Cam haters will continue to insist that Dalton is better.

My whole concept is, if you go by that logic then you might as well say Flacco, Sanchez, The Golden Calf of Bristol are better than him too because they took their teams to the playoffs early in careers. Stupid logic.

#22 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

can't compare apples to apples. No scout or personnel guy in the league would take Dalton over Cam.

But Dalton has had a close to elite defense, AJ Green, and Marvin Lewis is actually a lot better, more experienced tenured head coach than Chico Rivera. All that factors in.

If Newton was on the Bengals (btw, they worked him out quite a bit prior to the draft), they would be a Super Bowl contender.

#23 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Welcome to the playoff couch Bengal fans.

#24 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Yeah Bengals would definitely be a contender with Cam. Cant put the ball in his hands that many times and not expect him to hurt you.

#25 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,909 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

My whole concept is, if you go by that logic then you might as well say Flacco, Sanchez, The Golden Calf of Bristol are better than him too because they took their teams to the playoffs early in careers. Stupid logic.

it comes back to this ridiculous preconceived notion a lot of people have in their heads about "winners" and "losers".

it's an unbelievably stupid, simplistic way to look at a thing as complicated as quarterbacking in the NFL. the guy we just watched, matt schaub, has been houston's starter for six seasons and elevated that team out of complete irrelevancy but this is his first win as a starter in the playoffs. guys like The Golden Calf of Bristol, sanchez, and flacco all got wins before him but only a complete dumbass would dare argue that schaub is inferior to those three.

#26 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

it comes back to this ridiculous preconceived notion a lot of people have in their heads about "winners" and "losers".

it's an unbelievably stupid, simplistic way to look at a thing as complicated as quarterbacking in the NFL. the guy we just watched, matt schaub, has been houston's starter for six seasons and elevated that team out of complete irrelevancy but this is his first win as a starter in the playoffs. guys like The Golden Calf of Bristol, sanchez, and flacco all got wins before him but only a complete dumbass would dare argue that schaub is inferior to those three.

speaking of simplistic ways of looking at complicated subjects, how about statements like shaub "elevated that team out of complete irrelevancy"?

#27 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

how does he suck? he got the bengals to the playoffs, cam didnt..

#28 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,769 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

he dont suck he just not good in playoffs games........

Romo 2.0

#29 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,909 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

speaking of simplistic ways of looking at complicated subjects, how about statements like shaub "elevated that team out of complete irrelevancy"?

who the fug is "shaub"

are you going to argue that going from david carr - matt schaub was not the most important thing that ever happened to that franchise?

#30 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,909 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Romo 2.0

dalton has a long way to go before he's on romo's level

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com