234 replies to this topic

#136 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

oh okay now i understand. but consider this....

luck and cam put up ABOUT the same amount of yards passing tds and ints. thats already GREAT for a project qb(cam) who is going toe to toe with a PRO READY STUD like LUCK.

then u add that new had almost a 1000 yards plus 14 rushing tds...........so he really outperformed based on total yards and touchdowns. with no offseason might i add...

so that brings up the question how does newton outplay/match him and does not go to the playoffs.....

either luck has a better DEFENSE or better gm/coaching staff or easier schedule. maybe even all. lol

you choose ................im waiting.

...ok, i'll bite, an easier schedule?...still luck carried that team.... Is their defence better than ours? are there running backs better than ours?... are their receivers better than ours?...im waiting...

#137 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

2011 Colts were 2-14! Colts finished to 11-5 so he improved them 9 games! And he did it with 2 HC's!

Cam Newton in his 2nd year improved the Panthers from 6-10 to 7-9. 1 GAME LOL

...STFU.

lol at this idiot using TEAM stats to justify the horrible play of one Luck. A team that is a contender year in and year out.

Please log off and go play in traffic.

#138 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

...ok, i'll bite, an easier schedule?...still luck carried that team.... Is their defence better than ours? are there running backs better than ours?... are their receivers better than ours?...im waiting...

Luck carried the team? You mean like when he throws picks for TDs only to see his defense return the favor in TN, or when his special teams gets him TDs in HOU, or when his defense holds DET despite him turning over the ball 5 times?

lol at putting the team on his back. Their defense IS better than ours and their Receivers ARE better than ours. More importantly, their coaching staff and owner is better than ours.

#139 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

yeah the only thing panthers have better is running backs. but sometimes they havnt been good this year and stew has been hurt some.

cam basically has to be qb and rb in alot of games. but if the rb performed in their prime then yeah they would be wayyyy better than what the colts have. unles e james came back lol

dont get it wrrong i think luck is decent but is he a billions times better than newton........................................................................................................................ ummmmmm NO!!!

#140 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,967 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

so Luck did nothing well this season? he broke the rookie yards for a season record and rookie single game record. brought his team back 7 times. thats 7 and that ties Peyton Mannings record for most come from behind wins in a single season.

Colts D was 26th overall. Panthers 10.

im just baffled at the blindness here.

#141 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

He might be someday. But right now he is a bottom half of the NFL QB. He has a limpdick for an arm, isn't all that accurate, holds the ball too long at times, and makes horrible decisions.

Some of that can be chalked up to being a rookie. Especially holding the ball and decision making are two things that every rookie goes through. But some of his short comings worries me long term. He is the third best rookie QB in the NFL and bottom half overall.

And before you tell me his record; he played perhaps the easiest schedule in the history of the NFL, the Colts caught some breaks, and he plays in the AFC. You can't hold those things against him, buy don't tell me his W/L record means he did something special. If the Colts are in the NFC I doubt they get to .500.

And just to get another ball rolling, if Cam Newton had the same type game the media would be all over him, for Luck they are falling over themselves to make excuses on his behalf.

What about all of the come from behind wins luck has, and cam does not have?

#142 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

what about playing suberbowl winners and having one of the toughest schedules in the nfl. lol

luck did good coming back but they were average teams.

#143 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

What about all of the come from behind wins luck has, and cam does not have?

Its great that Luck can throw 3 picks and his team still be in the game. Have the Panthers won a game yet with cam throwing even one pick?

#144 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Its great that Luck can throw 3 picks and his team still be in the game. Have the Panthers won a game yet with cam throwing even one pick?

Way to completely ignore my question

#145 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

ummm panthers d suck buddy. everytime they play a decent running back or qb they fail hard....those stats came from bad teams. lol

#146 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

if luck was all that good at coming back he would came back against the ravens d who are not even their prime any more. he should of had 4 picks to day. lol he throw s the ball right to defenders. while alot of cam int came from deflected passes. lol

#147 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

if luck was all that good at coming back he would came back against the ravens d who are not even their prime any more. he should of had 4 picks to day. lol he throw s the ball right to defenders. while alot of cam int came from deflected passes. lol

#148 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

However, the difference here and what helped Cam a bunch is his athletic ability and his backfield support. The ability the likes of which Luck can only dream of and Double trouble to the tune of 50 million dollars (give or take)

Sounds like you're blaming Cam for his natural ability that Luck doesn't have. And your argument is...?

Isn't that the huddler's argument as to why our Cam is the boss among all those new QBs?

#149 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,268 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

We actually won the last two games of the year and he threw a pick in each. But not until then.

#150 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

so Luck did nothing well this season? he broke the rookie yards for a season record and rookie single game record. brought his team back 7 times. thats 7 and that ties Peyton Mannings record for most come from behind wins in a single season.

Colts D was 26th overall. Panthers 10.

im just baffled at the blindness here.

Give Cam 600 attempts, and tell him he doesn't have to complete 1/2 of them, and Cam will throw for 5000 yards.

Luck racked up wins against the Jacksonvilles, TNs, and KCs of the NFL. Beyond that, Indy would not need so many come backs if not for his high number of turnovers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com