234 replies to this topic

#181 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

is that better than NOT making the playoffs? this isnt the prom where you wear your best outfit and as long as you look good thats all that matters.

2008 playoffs against Cardinals?

Idk you tell me

#182 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,123 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Dont forget about The Golden Calf of Bristol! Come from behind wins and he won a playoff game. He is better then all these guys!!

#183 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

I really wish people would stop saying this. The man threw the ball 600 times! He threw the ball 50+ times and did not even get to 300 yards.

You are bound to break records when you throw the ball 600 times as a rookie.

Clearly it worked or his team wouldn't have won 11 games this year. u can say that about any QB .Stafford threw it 60 times in a game once. AP got the ball a lot this year it doesn't mean 2000 yards isn't impressive.

#184 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,494 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

How can you say Luck sucks. He broke the rookie passing yard record and threw 23 touchdowns. He also lead the most 4th Quarter comebacks in the NFL this year and took the average Colts into the playoffs. He may not be as great as some people say he is but he is very good for a rookie

I don't think he sucks, I just don't think he is very good right now.

Skelton sucks. Gabbert sucks, Clausen sucks.

I don't think Luck sucks. he is waaay better than those guys. I just don't think he is good and a bottom half of the NFL QB.

#185 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,318 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Why are you luck fan and not a young fan? Young has a great winning record as starting QB. He even had a 95 QB rating the last full season as TN starter.

And I would be thrilled with going to the playoffs with Cam and Luck's stats. The problem is the VERY same people excusing Luck's bad play would be all over Cam if he lead the league in turnovers and needed 600 attempts to get the Rookie passing record.

You say that we are so locked into Cam, no, the point is we recognize that football is a team sport and to give Luck credit beyond that of a Trent Dilfer is beyond moronic.

im not a Luck fan by merely pointing out what he has done.
Panthers have a better D and better running game. Thats no question. i said this earlier. wouldn't you throw more if your rb was Vick Ballard?

if you have been looking at what im saying, the whole point im making is, stats are not enough.

and im not sure who is excusing Lucks bad play. is that here? in the media? the barbershop?

and bringing Vince Young into this debate might be dangerous as many think Cam is similar to him. I don't but some do.

#186 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,123 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

i don't like Sanchez at all. i was answering another persons post about Sanchez. please try to keep up. :lol:

No, you said its all about winning. So according to that Sanchez, The Golden Calf of Bristol, and Young are the best Qbs in the league. I mean these guys are career winners. We should kill the have any of them over Cam right now.

#187 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

In 2010 Mark Sanchez had 6 game winning drives and went to the AFC Championship game. Let's trade Cam for him straight up.

His defense was also very good that year.. And that is still very impressive for Sanchez or for any QB to have 6.. Luck also 7 this year

#188 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,318 posts
  • LocationMontford

2008 playoffs against Cardinals?

Idk you tell me

all im saying man is give me playoff games over stats any day of the week. thats it. i can't be more simple than that.

#189 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts

sure he looks like Sloth from Ice Age

Thanks for the good laugh. The resemblance is uncanny.

As to your argument, of course everyone wants to win, and stats will always take 2nd place to wins, but that has nothing to do with who is the better QB.

You are using wins as your basis for saying Luck did well this year. Fine. Recognize that he was part of a winning team and congratulations to him for that. But it just doesn't hold water that those team wins validate him as a QB.

#190 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

all im saying man is give me playoff wins over stats any day of the week. thats it. i can't be more simple than that.

fixed for ya

#191 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,172 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Teams don't make history by just going to the playoffs and getting their asses handed to them.

Who gives a poo about or remembers the teams every year that went one and done? Do tell.

#192 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,318 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

No, you said its all about winning. So according to that Sanchez, The Golden Calf of Bristol, and Young are the best Qbs in the league. I mean these guys are career winners. We should kill the have any of them over Cam right now.

you have one season right? you can either go to the playoffs in that ONE season or not.

The Golden Calf of Bristol, for last year and what Denver had and did, it worked. this year he proves otherwise and i have said since he came out that he was a TE at best.

again. some of you guys are so in love with Cam that you are confusing objectivity of other qb's as something negative towards him. thats not the case.

the whole context of this thread is Luck is no good. im saying based on THIS ONE YEAR and the overall goal of getting to the playoffs. he has done pretty well.

will he be good next year? i have no idea. The season in which Sanchez or Young made the playoffs, they were good in the confines of THAT particular season.

they don't give trophies to teams for the best stats. but they do for wins.
i don't think its concievable but Cam could play 10 yrs and never make the playoffs. i highly highly doubt it.

i don't want us as a fan base to have a false sense of security by going well our qb is better than yours at least and be satisfied with that instead of having high expectations to make the playoffs.

and speaking of winning. look at Flacco. ONLY qb to win a playoff game his first FIVE years. i think he is terrible but hey, i will take looking bad and winning all day long.

#193 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,172 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

Pstall it's funny watching you stumble over yourself to make excuses and stick up for other teams QB's.

Where is this enthusiasm and understanding for your own quarterback?

#194 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,318 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Pstall it's funny watching you stumble over yourself to make excuses and stick up for other teams QB's.

Where is this enthusiasm and understanding for your own quarterback?

are you serious? this thread is about Luck. its not about Cam being good or not.

i know tons on Cam and within this thread and others fully stood by him and his abilities.

#195 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,939 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

He's pretty damn good... And he's going to be one of the best in the game soon.

But I wouldn't take him over Cam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.