234 replies to this topic

#106 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

What you don't understand is we're not "tearing down".

What we're doing is what every swingin' codsack in this forum demands any of us to be about Cam: be "real".

And the "real" story on Andrew Luck once you get the entire pantheon of the sports media's mouths off of his member is that he is AVERAGE.

Yes, Luck is an average QB. Which, since he is a rookie, is pretty fuging good

#107 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,076 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

he is above average for a rookie QB

This. Your average rookie QB looks like hot garbage. Luck was somewhat better than that. But he was thoroughly outclassed by RG3 and Wilson this year, and was average among all QBs.

#108 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,407 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Last year when Cam had 21 passing TDs and 17 ints it was noted by all the "experts" that that was very weak and just a sign on how much he would need to improve AS A PASSER.

Oh, by the way, Cam's "low" 60% completion rate last year was ANOTHER sigh by all the "experts" about how much he needed to improve AS A PASSER.

Andrew Luck this year has had 23 passing TDs and 18 ints with a 54% completion rate and you and the "experts" can't seem to get off of his knob.

I'm not "on his knob". Cam is better but Luck is WAY better than you guys want to give him credit for.

I can watch other teams and appreciate their players without getting defensive about comparing them to our own players.

#109 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

THIS.

All we heard last offseason was how Cam needed to improve as a passer. Luck has virtually the same stats minus the rushing yds & tds, but with a much lower completion %(60 per to 54 per) and you hear none of that with him. It is just assumed he's going to improve. Why is that I wonder?
You even have people on here, and other places who concede and say Cam will never be a surgeon or such. Well based on Lucks stats this year, it's safe to assume Luck will never be that either.

the last time the media ran with Cam needing to improve as a passer was the time frame between his national title and the final game of his rookie season (or before). If anyone even mentioned it in passing they can not be taken seriously and any intelligent person would have immediately discounted it.

Media parrots, msuh-brained as most of them are, rarely suggest that guys that end their rookie campaign at 60% and break rookie yardage records have to get better as if its life and death like you clowns are contending. Plenty will say they need to continue improving or stay on track (which is exactly what they said) but nobody will (and nobody did) say there needed to be improvement in the sense that he was condemned a bad passer.

I realize you guys, like most huddlers, are insecure adolescents who are not intelligent enough to handle when we lose and why and therefore lash out like a bunch of butt-hurt wolfpackers atttempting to tear others down because you simply cannot rise on you r own,so I am not surprised at much of this. I jsut have to call it what it is.... f-cking stupid.

#110 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,075 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

And just to get another ball rolling, if Cam Newton had the same type game the media would be all over him, for Luck they are falling over themselves to make excuses on his behalf.

This...

Agreed

Heard them praising him a dozen times for standing tall in the pocket....only to see him sail balls all over the place over his WR's heads.

Not impressed

#111 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

This game is exposing RG3 a little bit. He is not an NFL caliber pocket passer right now. He's missing on everything. His knee is forcing him to stay in the pocket and he can't hit a receiver that isn't completely wide open.

That's why I love Cam. He can run, but he's becoming a very good pocket passer as well.

Been saying this for weeks. His RB has over 1600 yards rushing and 13 TDs. Griffin lives on the play action to wide open receivers down the middle of the field, quick slants, screens, and roll outs. He is not a great pocket passer. Wilson, Luck and Cam are much better than he is.

#112 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

No, asshole, you resorting to amateur psychological assessments because you're been thoroughly routed in your contention that Andrew Luck was anything but mediocre this year shows you don't know how to admit when you've been completely smoked.

Not only have you yet to make one single point, your bitterness and adolescence is so transparent that nobody here with any intelligence will ever be able to take you seriously. What a shame. How does that make you feel? You have every reason and right to be completely embarrassed right now.

I can't even approach your contention that you believe you have somehow bested anyone at anything here. If you actually believe that (and I seriously doubt you do, you're just trying to save face and I understand), but if you actually believe half this drivel you keep spewing you my friend are nothing short of batsh-t crazy.

#113 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Luck had the season Cam was suppose to have....

#114 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,577 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Luck is good... Not a QB god but good. He has all the tools to be elite as advertised.

RG3 and Wilson are good and dynamic with Newton Rivera n staff cutting the weeds to allow them to flourish.

Anyone lumping Luck with The Golden Calf of Bristol is misguided...other than media hype.

We have Cam and when it is going like it was toward the end of the season he is one of the most nightmarish weapons the league has to gameplan plain and simple.

If Cam gets better touch on the short passes to hit guys in stride better then he will be the legend of this historic bunch. No one in the next class will come close to these guys and we should appreciate the evolution of football as we watch it.

P.S as for Andy Dalton, im only talking about future starting QBs not average backups.

#115 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Been saying this for weeks. His RB has over 1600 yards rushing and 13 TDs. Griffin lives on the play action to wide open receivers down the middle of the field, quick slants, screens, and roll outs. He is not a great pocket passer. Wilson, Luck and Cam are much better than he is.

as a pocket passer you are correct and its not even close. He is effective and exciting in his own way and he is a better passer (i think) than Vick though. However in the end its a different game entirely with well-known and recently realized consequences that he plays. It does not resemble what a team needs to have to be long-term successful in this league. It will be the undoing of Shanahan in Washington and in the end will be just another horribly bad personnel decision by the redskins.

#116 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,128 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Luck had the season Cam was suppose to have....

no he had the coach and gm cam supposed to have. lol why u think luck didnt want to be here.....why u think newton has made hints about leaving lol

you always seem to have slight negative comments about newton. just my observation.

#117 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,042 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

The Ravens were not going to lose that game after getting Ray Lewis back.

The OP reeks of foolishness. If it said "please stop telling me Luck is God" then I'd understand.

But Luck is a 'good' QB, especially for a rookie.

LOL @ people saying he sailed and skipped passes today, since that is exactly what Cam does.(check Seattle game)
Also check his run game....if you can find it.

It is just hilariously hypocritical to get mad at people who unfairly criticize Cam and then turn around and unfairly criticize Luck.

#118 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,128 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

and to point out luck was supposed to be the best pro ready qb since elway and his been outperformed by three late round picks and a"project quarterback" in newton. lol

gthfo wit dat sh*t

#119 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

Yes, Luck is an average QB. Which, since he is a rookie, is pretty fuging good

Luck is not average. Unless you consider Brandon Weeden average.

#120 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

I'm not "on his knob". Cam is better but Luck is WAY better than you guys want to give him credit for.

I can watch other teams and appreciate their players without getting defensive about comparing them to our own players.

Pretty much. I cannot wait until he throw 50 picks next year. He should have thrown 3 picks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.