222 replies to this topic

#61 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,890 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

short passing game is smart coaching no? guys let me let you in on a little secret. this is REAL NFL. not fantasy. stats don't really matter. even with short passes, 102 rating is solid.

you guys make it sound like RG3 is 3rd on the depth chart behing Clausen.

way to keep the fan base looking like football smart guys.

Dang, son, I can honestly say that I've never seen you in a thread about Cam defending him.

But you sho' nuff do love defending you some RG3 and Andrew Luck, that's for sure. :lol:

#62 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,973 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

i have over 13k posts. find one where I trashed Cam. EVER. In fact. I'm willing to bet I was one of the first to highlight Cam while he was at Auburn around wk 4 or 5.

im not defending RG3 or Luck. you have your defenisive panties all bunched up. all im doing is making the point we need to move past hanging our hat on stats instead of wins and losses.

simple question for you. would you rather have playoff appearances or great stats?

back to Cam. i have been even handed with him. when he messes up i say something. when he does something great i say something. but this whole year i have had no issues with him.

#63 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

He is another Vick. Can't pass worth a damn and is nothing without his legs. He is also more injury prone than Vick so I don't see him lasting very long also.

I would have to disagree he can definitely pass considering he had one of the fewest interception margins of any nfl qb

#64 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

He is another Vick. Can't pass worth a damn and is nothing without his legs. He is also more injury prone than Vick so I don't see him lasting very long also.

RG3 can't pass? Dude, as a Cam fan, he is right now a better passer than Cam. Stop hating! You're sore loser fanatic.

#65 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Good guy, fine player, just won't hold up for an NFL career physically. I doubt he is in the league in 2 years. If you are a running QB, you better not be built like a wide receiver. Good thing Cam looks more like a TE

Well, for the time he is in the league at least he takes his team to the playoffs while our Cam is working out right now to look better in his superman pose next year. One injury doesn't make you injury prone. By the way, Big Ben also look like a TE. This is the NFL, there are players who look like they swallowed two TEs.

#66 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Good guy, fine player, just won't hold up for an NFL career physically. I doubt he is in the league in 2 years. If you are a running QB, you better not be built like a wide receiver. Good thing Cam looks more like a TE

Surprisingly not a smart post by a poster who usually makes smart posts.

I bet you anything he plays 10 years in the league.

He has the sheer talent to hang around as long as he wants. Even if he has a few more devastating injuries, even if today will be the day everyone talks about like "he was never the same" (mickey mantle stepping in a drain hole at yankee stadium his rookie year comes to mind) he'll still play for a good long while in the NFL....

He might not be built for the league, but he'll be in the league for at least several more years. C'mon now.

#67 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

i have over 13k posts. find one where I trashed Cam. EVER. In fact. I'm willing to bet I was one of the first to highlight Cam while he was at Auburn around wk 4 or 5.

im not defending RG3 or Luck. you have your defenisive panties all bunched up. all im doing is making the point we need to move past hanging our hat on stats instead of wins and losses.

simple question for you. would you rather have playoff appearances or great stats?

honest question: do you believe that if we had somehow traded cam for luck prior to the season, with all else remaining the same, that the panthers would have made the playoffs?

#68 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

RG3 can't pass? Dude, as a Cam fan, he is right now a better passer than Cam. Stop hating! You're sore loser fanatic.

Sayin he is a better passer than Cam after playing one season compared to Cams 2 years is stupid to me.

#69 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

if he doesn't get hurt he is a HOF talent, can tell that just by looking at him. Have no doubt he's going to be a menace for years in the league. They need to make him stay in the pocket more and just use his legs to avoid pressure rather than design roll outs and runs....

#70 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

honest question: do you believe that if we had somehow traded cam for luck prior to the season, with all else remaining the same, that the panthers would have made the playoffs?

I do not. I wouldn't trade Cam straight up for Luck.

Build the offense around Cam with the weaponry that Luck has and insert a better coach (Arians has brass balls, constantly going for it late, not conservative at all unlike puss Riviera)

#71 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

He'll last if they quit running a college option system. He's a natural pocket passer. Make him stay in the pocket. Run only if he has too.

#72 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,702 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

I despise RG3 due to the media. Every accolade they give him, they bash Cam for it.

#73 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,841 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

He only won't last because Shanahan is a scumbag.

If he played for a head coach that would protect him and not call the option while he's on one leg, he would be something else. Him and Luck are both great, young players as is WIlson. It's a shame for RG3 though how fate has done him.

#74 BigEric

BigEric

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

This is pretty ignorant to say the least.. "can't pass worth a damn"? Are you kidding me?

I've been looking for reasons to dislike the guy, can't find any legitimate ones, the LAST thing I'm going to hound him on is his passing ability. To post a rating over 100 as a rookie is great.

#75 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

That's been my take for a while now. never could get any of my 'football friends' to buy in though.

The argument I always got back was "He's an Olympic level athlete. His body is conditioned for roughness." I argued back that being a great athlete doesn't necessarily make you ready for football. A marathoner may be a phenomenal athlete, but that doesn't mean he can take the pounding that you get in a football game.

I guess now they might agree with me :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com