#106 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

But he really is NOT built for the NFL. This is first season, and he's had numerous injuries and issues. He'll shatter if he lives by the option and running, and just like we seen in the playoff game, he's not scary enough without the run threat. Maybe he can become a pure pocket passer, who knows. The Redskins didn't even have much confidence in him, hence them drafting Cousins in the 4th round.

#107 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

RGIII will be gone in 5 years, tops. Wouldn't be surprised if sooner, due to injury. Having knee issues in your first season when your reputation is a running QB is not good.

He can't throw down field consistently unless the receiver is wide open.

He can't throw as effectively without his run threat.

Those two things are NOT good signs. A QB in this league has to be able to throw the intermediate/long routes while there is some coverage and drop it in an area where a catch is possible. It doesn't have to be a perfect ball, but a catchable ball (even if the receiver has to stretch out for it a bit). I've watched his past few games, and I am just not seeing that. I have seen him skip a ball off the ground on a 15 yard out route where, had he just gotten the ball there, it would have been an impressive, NFL throw.

He's young, so he does get the rookie pass. Let's see him next season. If he comes out and tears it up and shows he can be a consistent passer (or signs that he's heading there), and if he can stay healthy (not likely, IMO), then we can talk like he is going to be around to be compared to Luck and Cam. I'd love to have Cam, Luck, and Bob as the big three QBs in 8-10 years time, but I think that Cam may be the only one (Luck has to get more consistent as well to start those talks).

#108 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,525 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

It's on the coach, at least as far as we know (e.g., did a doctor say RG3 was good to play? if so, wtf.). RG3 is a young kid that wanted to give his team his all. He has tremendous confidence and doesn't want to let his team down.

It's up to the coach to realize that:
1) He has to protect the health of his players,
2) He has a better chance of winning with a quarterback that can plant and throw, even if it limits the offense in other ways.

#109 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,514 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

He's probably going to miss some of next season. Looks like the acl and mcl finished tearing on that last knee buckle. Hope hes fine though.

#110 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

Thats because Cam outweighs 90% of the defensive players trying to tackle him. When defenders see an avg QB start to scramble, their eyes get huge as they envision that huge bone jarring hit. When Cam starts to run, defensive players close their eyes and hope Cam decides to cut rather than run over them.

let's not get carried away, Cam only outweighs db's.

#111 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,343 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

let's not get carried away, Cam only outweighs db's.

Hell, everybody outweighs the DBs (even some kickers).

Cam is bigger than some safeties and linebackers as well. On the real tip, Cam is more agile and strong than most QBs, so the lineman usually get juked by him, and so all that's left is the backfield.

#112 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

Safeties are considered db's. Ido about many lb's either, maybe beason.

#113 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

one of the most fragile players I have ever seen. Missed a lot of his rookie season because he can't stop getting hurt. How many games has Cam missed? Yeah but RG3 is God so yeah

#114 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

We saw how long Pat White lasted in the NFL. If the Skins keep running RG3, it's just a matter of time

#115 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,469 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

I don't blame shannahan. The moment rg3 lied and said he wasn't injuried just hurt is the moment he accepts all Responsibility to what happens to him. He knew he wasn't alright but decided to stay out anyways. Cousins beat the browns and got lucky at Baltimore. There's no way he is coming in and beating the Seahawks shannahan probably he's are only chance so if he says he's alright then that's what we will do.

#116 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

I don't blame shannahan. The moment rg3 lied and said he wasn't injuried just hurt is the moment he accepts all Responsibility to what happens to him. He knew he wasn't alright but decided to stay out anyways. Cousins beat the browns and got lucky at Baltimore. There's no way he is coming in and beating the Seahawks shannahan probably he's are only chance so if he says he's alright then that's what we will do.

It was quite obvious RG3 has problems with his knee since Q2. He was already limping since then. He should have protected the kid.

#117 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,133 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

look i don't think anybody actually hates griffin or thinks he's a bad person. none of us live in a vacuum though so our perception of the guy was tinted by the endless deep throating of him by media outlets and, of course, exposure to the awful hicks who pull for the redskins in the carolinas.

outside of the injury concerns, griffin's game does have weaknesses. his accuracy is unquestionable and he hits the short and intermediate routes on a rope but he doesn't have a very good deep ball nor does he have a particularly strong arm. if you want someone who can stand in the pocket and deliver a 50 yard strike that splits two defenders and drops right into a wideout's hands, he's not your guy. that isn't a huge deal in a west coast system like the one griffin plays in but every offense wants the deep pass to be something of a threat at the very least. putting up ducks tends to lead to inopportune turnovers as we saw last night.

people get frustrated (and rightfully so) when cam launches a missile and overthrows an open receiver deep downfield by two steps but often times the alternative is much less desirable.

#118 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,469 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

It was quite obvious RG3 has problems with his knee since Q2. He was already limping since then. He should have protected the kid.

You don't think rg3 lied to say anything he could to stay on the field? I do. Cousins wasn't the answer and shannahan knew his best chance was rg3. It's on rg3 for doing what he did to make sure he stayed on the field.

#119 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

You don't think rg3 lied to say anything he could to stay on the field? I do. Cousins wasn't the answer and shannahan knew his best chance was rg3. It's on rg3 for doing what he did to make sure he stayed on the field.

Even a blind man could see he was having troubles with his knee.
Then it's up to Shannahan to decide it's worth the risk keeping him in play. I wouldn't. Imagine the same scenario with Cam.

#120 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,469 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Even a blind man could see he was having troubles with his knee.
Then it's up to Shannahan to decide it's worth the risk keeping him in play. I wouldn't. Imagine the same scenario with Cam.

Go listen to his postgame presser. He wanted to be out there regardless of his knee. He said that he didn't believe he was hurting the team and he believed he gave them the best chance to win. He only left the field when he couldn't play anymore. He was staying on that field until he was dragged off in a bodybag. It's the mentality of a athlete. I'm sure it's easy for fat middle aged guys sitting behind a keyboard to say he should have been out but rg3 saw it differently and accountability is on him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com