Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaPanthers8789

UNC @ UVA

33 posts in this topic

I think you need more of a Plumlee, Leslie, Howell type player who can bang down low and score.

but but JMM...

Hansbrough scored AND got to the free throw line. Hansbrough was better than all those guys you listed. I'd take either one of those guys at this point though.

JMM is a finesse player. The only real banger we have is very raw, and will take a year or two to really be productive against high quality opponents.

JMM is a finesse player. The only real banger we have is very raw, and will take a year or two to really be productive against high quality opponents.

Hubert?

Didn't he finish the game with 3 timeouts?

Maybe he is working towards some most games/fewest timeouts record we don't yet know about.

Like a steam achievement...

Bottom line, he's a good recruiter and a bad coach.

He win's when his team is light years more talented than the opponent.

Coach K (as much as it pains me) could win with 12 guys from the YMCA league.

2 people like this

Don't worry because I attended Appstate and Liberty also sucks at basketball or don't worry UNC fans Liberty sucks too? Be more specific please.

Talking about App lol.

Didn't he finish the game with 3 timeouts?

Maybe he is working towards some most games/fewest timeouts record we don't yet know about.

Like a steam achievement...

Bottom line, he's a good recruiter and a bad coach.

He win's when his team is light years more talented than the opponent.

Coach K (as much as it pains me) could win with 12 guys from the YMCA league.

You sir are the smartest unc fan I have ever come in contact with. I have always felt that roy was one hell of a recruiter but a mediocre coach. I think his biggest problem is he doesn't play to the strengths of the players he has, he wants them to play his style. Sometimes you have to change your approach to fit the kind of players you have and he doesn't want to do that.

Hubert?

No. I was referring to Joel James. I think he has more upside than Hubert. Obviously neither have shown they are ready right now. Still a ways to go this season but I don't see any indication that they're going to improve enough to have us in contention for the ACC title. Nevermind the NCAA'S... I was hoping we'd improve enough to make the second weekend but I think I'll have to downsize my expectations.

No. I was referring to Joel James. I think he has more upside than Hubert. Obviously neither have shown they are ready right now. Still a ways to go this season but I don't see any indication that they're going to improve enough to have us in contention for the ACC title. Nevermind the NCAA'S... I was hoping we'd improve enough to make the second weekend but I think I'll have to downsize my expectations.

Oh ok, It's a long season and anything can happen in the tourney.

I actually think Brice Johnson is unc's best low post player. He seems to have a nice touch around the rim and gets off the floor quickly like Antawn did. Now he needs to put on some weight and not lose the explosiveness off the floor but I feel he could be a nice player.

I actually think Brice Johnson is unc's best low post player. He seems to have a nice touch around the rim and gets off the floor quickly like Antawn did. Now he needs to put on some weight and not lose the explosiveness off the floor but I feel he could be a nice player.

Oh there's no doubt that he's the best low post player we have. Unfortunately as you mentioned, he doesn't have the weight right now to really be effective against ACC big's.

Once James gets a little more seasoning I think he'll be the best option at the 5 for us, unless we recruit someone. I don't see Johnson as a 5. He's really a better power forward I think, and once JMM turns pro I feel confident with Johnson starting at the 4.