32 replies to this topic

#31 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

No. I was referring to Joel James. I think he has more upside than Hubert. Obviously neither have shown they are ready right now. Still a ways to go this season but I don't see any indication that they're going to improve enough to have us in contention for the ACC title. Nevermind the NCAA'S... I was hoping we'd improve enough to make the second weekend but I think I'll have to downsize my expectations.

Oh ok, It's a long season and anything can happen in the tourney.

#32 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

No. I was referring to Joel James. I think he has more upside than Hubert. Obviously neither have shown they are ready right now. Still a ways to go this season but I don't see any indication that they're going to improve enough to have us in contention for the ACC title. Nevermind the NCAA'S... I was hoping we'd improve enough to make the second weekend but I think I'll have to downsize my expectations.

I actually think Brice Johnson is unc's best low post player. He seems to have a nice touch around the rim and gets off the floor quickly like Antawn did. Now he needs to put on some weight and not lose the explosiveness off the floor but I feel he could be a nice player.

#33 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I actually think Brice Johnson is unc's best low post player. He seems to have a nice touch around the rim and gets off the floor quickly like Antawn did. Now he needs to put on some weight and not lose the explosiveness off the floor but I feel he could be a nice player.

Oh there's no doubt that he's the best low post player we have. Unfortunately as you mentioned, he doesn't have the weight right now to really be effective against ACC big's.

Once James gets a little more seasoning I think he'll be the best option at the 5 for us, unless we recruit someone. I don't see Johnson as a 5. He's really a better power forward I think, and once JMM turns pro I feel confident with Johnson starting at the 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.