Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

------

Posted Image

What we are hearing from bloviating gun control advocates in America is nothing short of emotionally driven irrationality.

According to statistics assembled from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Center for Disease Control and the Federal Government, firearms related homicides are minuscule in comparison to other the other “big killers” in the United States.

If we look at homicide statistics in the United States it’s clear that more murders are committed with knives, bats, hammers and poisons than with firearms. As Kurt Nimmo recently noted, “ the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outpaces the number of murders committed with a rifle.”

The facts, not the drivel being spewed by the anti-gun propaganda machine, leave us wondering why some State and Federal lawmakers are so adamant about restricting the sale and ownership of handguns and rifles, especially since the majority of gun owners – close to 99% – have never committed a violent crime in their lives, let alone used a gun to do so.

------

http://www.shtfplan....to-see_01052013

#2 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Here's some more drivel from the anti-gun propaganda machine Im about to spew:
1. Only two of those things deal with murder
2. Of those two things, you have firearm homicides and "non-firearm homicides". Well I actually looked up the cited source guess what? It's pretty clear that the "non-firearm homicides" actually includes firearm homicides.

http://www.cdc.gov/n...ts/homicide.htm

#3 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,780 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

more massive red herrings and strawmen, sweet

no wonder nobody can establish any kind of national dialogue on this, the gun crowd collectively refuses to address the actual issues and arguments presented by advocates of responsible legislation

#4 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,348 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

Umm phillyb both sides ride strawmen and red herrings.
Aka : everyone that doesn't support massive gun control is a "gun nut".

#5 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

The phrase "gun control" is a straw man in itself.

Nearly everyone supports some form of gun control. The only question is where the line is drawn.

#6 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,780 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Umm phillyb both sides ride strawmen and red herrings.
Aka : everyone that doesn't support massive gun control is a "gun nut".

valid point, but in my (admittedly anecdotal) experience there's a huge imbalance. most people who are in support of responsible regulation do not label everyone as gun nuts, but gun nuts seem to label all pro-responsible-regulation supporters as "taking our guns" as though there's no middle ground.

#7 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,559 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

I can only assume the "being a disgusting fatass" bar was too big for the chart.

#8 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

Here's some more drivel from the anti-gun propaganda machine Im about to spew:
1. Only two of those things deal with murder
2. Of those two things, you have firearm homicides and "non-firearm homicides". Well I actually looked up the cited source guess what? It's pretty clear that the "non-firearm homicides" actually includes firearm homicides.

http://www.cdc.gov/n...ts/homicide.htm

And that image is going to get reposted a million times on Facebook despite being a blatant lie.

#9 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,348 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

valid point, but in my (admittedly anecdotal) experience there's a huge imbalance. most people who are in support of responsible regulation do not label everyone as gun nuts, but gun nuts seem to label all pro-responsible-regulation supporters as "taking our guns" as though there's no middle ground.

Banning something is technically "Taking it away". But neither of us want to debate that.

I am for some changes.
Waiting periods on AR Styles w/ back ground checks.
I can even live with Mag reduction.

But all the references to other countries and skewed pie charts in the world aren't going to convince me that guns are a greater problem than the criminals that use them.

According to this group of rabble rousers I am a "Gun Nut".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.