#1 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,273 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

http://www.profootba...hire-in-marrone

Whoever comes in (as GM) in Carolina is going to want their own head coach. The owner (Jerry Richardson) didn’t want to eat two years on (Ron Rivera‘s) contract. … From everything I hear, (Giants senior pro personnel analyst) Dave Gettlemen is (consultant) Ernie Accorsi‘s guy. Accorsi recommended him for the job in Cleveland when Mike Holmgren took over. (Gettlemen) is not a self-promoter like too many of these (candidates). He’s a meat-and-potatoes, salt-of-the-earth kind of guy. He’ll clean it up fast, and he can work with anyone. You don’t see his name out there a lot or hear about him because he just goes about his business and gets the job done. He’s been a big part of the fabric in the Giants’ front office for a long time. He deserves a shot.

#2 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,763 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

we obviously need someone who's ego isn't so big he can deal with not picking his own coach. sigh

#3 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,391 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

I hope Gettlemen gets his shot here.

#4 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

The more I hear, the more I like Gettleman.

#5 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Richardson didn't want to eat 2 years of Rivera's contract but he isn't cheap? Makes sense

#6 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,502 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Richardson didn't want to eat 2 years of Rivera's contract but he isn't cheap? Makes sense

It does.

We're setting a situation up to fire him if things don't work out next year and then give Gettleman an opportunity to bring in who he sees fit.

I don't really have a problem with what we're doing. Not an ideal direction but I'm cool with it.

#7 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

guess it took him a full week to count all his pennies to figure out if he could afford to fire rivera or not

#8 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

My guess is that is the writer's opinion on Rivera's contract and Richardson not wanting to eat the last 2 years... To my knowledge Richardson hasn't spoken to anyone in the media regarding not wanting to eat the salary... And I don't know this guy's sources... or even who this guy is...

#9 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,273 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Take the not wanting to eat the contract with a grain of salt, since it is an outsider's opinion on what Richardson wanted to do. We all know Richardson hasn't told a damn soul his reasons for anything.

#10 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

I hope that was a very small part of the decision making process or he deserves all the criticism he gets.

#11 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,391 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Are GM candidates starting their interviews in Charlotte today? I thought I read somewhere that Ross and Gettlemen were interviewing with Jerry and co. today.

#12 Eazy-E

Eazy-E

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Sports reports are the worst. I wonder who gave him the inside info that JR didn't want to eat Rivera's contract. I love the speculation. I guess giving Rivera one more shot isn't an option.

#13 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Rivera is staying because the team was headed in the right direction after two years not because some two bit reporter thinks JR is too cheap to fire him.

#14 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

I think that the writers theory on RIchardson not wanting to eat two years of the contract is an educated guess based on JR's past

#15 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Isn't PFW where that article was published about how Cam was a total fake and would be a big bust?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com