Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fieryprophet

PFW Note On Carolina GM Spot

fieryprophet    6,834

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2013/01/06/insider-brandon-makes-great-hire-in-marrone

Whoever comes in (as GM) in Carolina is going to want their own head coach. The owner (Jerry Richardson) didn’t want to eat two years on (Ron Rivera‘s) contract. … From everything I hear, (Giants senior pro personnel analyst) Dave Gettlemen is (consultant) Ernie Accorsi‘s guy. Accorsi recommended him for the job in Cleveland when Mike Holmgren took over. (Gettlemen) is not a self-promoter like too many of these (candidates). He’s a meat-and-potatoes, salt-of-the-earth kind of guy. He’ll clean it up fast, and he can work with anyone. You don’t see his name out there a lot or hear about him because he just goes about his business and gets the job done. He’s been a big part of the fabric in the Giants’ front office for a long time. He deserves a shot.

Fox007    4,179

Richardson didn't want to eat 2 years of Rivera's contract but he isn't cheap? Makes sense

• Pie 1

davos    3,849

Richardson didn't want to eat 2 years of Rivera's contract but he isn't cheap? Makes sense

It does.

We're setting a situation up to fire him if things don't work out next year and then give Gettleman an opportunity to bring in who he sees fit.

I don't really have a problem with what we're doing. Not an ideal direction but I'm cool with it.

NanceUSMC    609

My guess is that is the writer's opinion on Rivera's contract and Richardson not wanting to eat the last 2 years... To my knowledge Richardson hasn't spoken to anyone in the media regarding not wanting to eat the salary... And I don't know this guy's sources... or even who this guy is...

• Pie 3

fieryprophet    6,834

Take the not wanting to eat the contract with a grain of salt, since it is an outsider's opinion on what Richardson wanted to do. We all know Richardson hasn't told a damn soul his reasons for anything.

Marguide    3,295

I hope that was a very small part of the decision making process or he deserves all the criticism he gets.

• Pie 1

Eazy-E    1,133

Sports reports are the worst. I wonder who gave him the inside info that JR didn't want to eat Rivera's contract. I love the speculation. I guess giving Rivera one more shot isn't an option.

Nicbsbll2    293

Rivera is staying because the team was headed in the right direction after two years not because some two bit reporter thinks JR is too cheap to fire him.

Panthro    9,928

I think that the writers theory on RIchardson not wanting to eat two years of the contract is an educated guess based on JR's past

• Pie 1

Cyberjag    1,984

Isn't PFW where that article was published about how Cam was a total fake and would be a big bust?