Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PFW Note On Carolina GM Spot

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Rivera is staying because the team was headed in the right direction after two years not because some two bit reporter thinks JR is too cheap to fire him.

Posted

I think that the writers theory on RIchardson not wanting to eat two years of the contract is an educated guess based on JR's past

1 person likes this

Posted

Isn't PFW where that article was published about how Cam was a total fake and would be a big bust?

Posted

Rivera is staying because the team was headed in the right direction after two years not because some two bit reporter thinks JR is too cheap to fire him.

Based on what Richardson has said and done in the past I'd say that JR is too cheap as his #1 priority is his stock holders.

Posted

good grief... i guess some people will believe anything, provided it's what they want to believe

Posted

Isn't Rivera making like $700k a year. I don't buy the Jerry is cheap angle.

Posted

The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

What do these guys know anyway?

Posted

Those of you indignant about the reporter's comments about JR not wanting to pay 2 coaches are pissed at the wrong person. If you are going to be mad at someone, you should be upset with JR. He brought this all on himself when he publicly announced he didn't want to pay 2 staffs, and for that reason kept Fox longer than he really wanted to.

Why do you think it wasn't a factor this time given JR's past?

1 person likes this

Posted

I think Gettlemen would be a good choice. He has been apart of a very successful organization for some time, that is never a bad thing.

Posted

This I love:

"(Gettlemen) is not a self-promoter like too many of these (candidates). He’s a meat-and-potatoes, salt-of-the-earth kind of guy. He’ll clean it up fast, and he can work with anyone. You don’t see his name out there a lot or hear about him because he just goes about his business and gets the job done."

Posted

Isn't PFW where that article was published about how Cam was a total fake and would be a big bust?

That was more on Nolan Nawrocki, who is a PFW editor, but a few of his colleagues disagreed with him.

1 person likes this

Posted

Guys, I brought up this note to point out the good info on Gettleman, not so we can rehash the vagaries of why JR kept Rivera.