Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK based Panthers fan

57 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Glad to have you, and welcome!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You might also be interested to know that one of the premier American Football analysis websites was actually founded by a Brit: http://www.profootballfocus.com/

Posted · Report post

Welcome!

Posted · Report post

You might also be interested to know that one of the premier American Football analysis websites was actually founded by a Brit: http://www.profootballfocus.com/

Thank you for that! I'd not seen that before now so will have a look through it.

Posted · Report post

Welcome! There was a thread not too long ago with some our international fans introducing themselves.

American Football is easy to learn but difficult to master. That kinda shows at times with our coach, but I think he's finally got rid of some of his stubbornness. I hope you're right about sticking with him. I was as down on him as anyone during the season. But now that he's coming back, it's time to put that aside and support him until this time next year.

You should find some older games to see Steve Smith in his prime. If you think he's impressive now, your jaw will hit the floor when you see what a young Steve Smith was capable of doing.

Posted · Report post

If this is real, great. But I've spent a lot of time on UK soccer forums. I'm calling Panthertrain84 troll.

Posted · Report post

There is a lot to learn. Dont worry, you will get the hang of the terms and such as time goes by.

Posted · Report post

Welcome! There was a thread not too long ago with some our international fans introducing themselves.

American Football is easy to learn but difficult to master. That kinda shows at times with our coach, but I think he's finally got rid of some of his stubbornness. I hope you're right about sticking with him. I was as down on him as anyone during the season. But now that he's coming back, it's time to put that aside and support him until this time next year.

You should find some older games to see Steve Smith in his prime. If you think he's impressive now, your jaw will hit the floor when you see what a young Steve Smith was capable of doing.

I will have a look for that thread.

With regards to learning the game, I think i'm ok with the basics but when it comes to understanding the variations on positions - slot reciever for example i'm out of my depth. That will come though and this off season i'll do more to understand that.

I think there's a lot to be said for continuity in sport, if you are able to become comfortable with the personnel and what you are being asked to do then you with more often than not improve with time. There's obviously a point at which you've achieved all you can with a certain club/team but I definitely don't think that is the case with Rivera. I think the players are on the same page now and we've learnt an awful lot as an organisation this year, enough I believe to make sure we don't make the same mistakes again next season.

I'll do that with Steve Smith - I love to watch him, his attitude to the game is great and nobody is in for an easy ride when they're covering him! I guess as well part of why Rivera staying is good too is Smith I think I read somewhere wasn't keen on starting over again and with Rivera we'll see another year from Smith.

Posted · Report post

If this is real, great. But I've spent a lot of time on UK soccer forums. I'm calling Panthertrain84 troll.

I've spent more than enough time on football/soccer forums over here so I can completely understand you being sceptical!

I'm genuine though, i'm sure that will become apparent soon enough!

Posted · Report post

Welcome aboard!

Posted · Report post

Welcome, what does "ropey" mean?