Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK based Panthers fan

57 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jackofalltrades' timestamp='1357586901' post='2082826']
Welcome, what does "ropey" mean?
[/quote]

Thank you

Ropey - sorry that's probably a very English term, it means questionable or dubious. So in the context i used it my team selection in the first draft was questionable with a few strange picks.

A question for you - what does your signature mean? i've seen that adopt a player on a few sigs, how does that work?

Posted · Report post

Welcome to the topsy turvy world known as CarolinaHuddle.Com. Where 90% of the members think they're experts on what's happening or should happen with the team, but 20% have a good grasp on the English language.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

This is such an obvious troll.....nobody responded for over an hour so he bumped it with a 20 post alt. What kind of 20 post guy is hopping on to welcome somebody new?

Posted · Report post

Will one of the mighty mods do their secret squirrel verification so Kendrick will shut his cock hole? Thx

Posted · Report post

[quote name='KendrickPanther' timestamp='1357589129' post='2082881']
This is such an obvious troll.....nobody responded for over an hour so he bumped it with a 20 post alt. What kind of 20 post guy is hopping on to welcome somebody new?
[/quote]

Ha come off it, what's to gain by doing that?

Your troll spotting powers have let you down on this i'm afraid my friend.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CatofWar' timestamp='1357589638' post='2082891']
Will one of the mighty mods do their secret squirrel verification so Kendrick will shut his cock hole? Thx
[/quote]

Does Kendrick have history with screaming troll?

I'm presuming he's been burnt in the past if that's the case?

Posted · Report post

Don't worry about him mate, make yourself at home.

Adopt a play was something we did here for the first time this season. You got to choose a player to represent as long as you were committed to updating their stats. I chose Hardy because I had a feeling he would break out.

I assume we'll do it again around preseason time, hopefully you'll still be here to join in on the fun and frivolity that is the Huddle.

Lastly, my last name is Watson, so I have deep English and Scottish roots. We've traced them back as far as the Scottish Highlands several generations ago. I made the trip to London 17 years ago and have been dying to get back. We were only there briefly and spent the rest of the time in Ireland.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jgraham' timestamp='1357577338' post='2082509']
Oh – are there many UK based fans on here?
[/quote]

+ 1

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SuperLego5' timestamp='1357598136' post='2083113']

+ 1
[/quote]

Where abouts are you from?

[quote name='Jackofalltrades' timestamp='1357597920' post='2083108']
Don't worry about him mate, make yourself at home.

Adopt a play was something we did here for the first time this season. You got to choose a player to represent as long as you were committed to updating their stats. I chose Hardy because I had a feeling he would break out.

I assume we'll do it again around preseason time, hopefully you'll still be here to join in on the fun and frivolity that is the Huddle.

Lastly, my last name is Watson, so I have deep English and Scottish roots. We've traced them back as far as the Scottish Highlands several generations ago. I made the trip to London 17 years ago and have been dying to get back. We were only there briefly and spent the rest of the time in Ireland.
[/quote]

Oh I see, that's a good idea and i'm certain that come the start of next season i'll still be about!

I'm not a big fan of London, it's too hectic for my liking. I did go to London to watch the Patriots/Rams fixture last year but that was purely for the football and not to see the City!

Posted · Report post

Spent some time drinking pints in Rugby and Coventry. Became a fan of Liverpool while there.

Posted · Report post

I play xbox with a few friends from Southampton. Cool accents.

Posted · Report post

@jgraham

This post almost brought a tear to my eye...

Welcome aboard mate!!