67 replies to this topic

#46 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

If you are in a bulking phase why don't you take a gainer? Cytogainer is the best product i've come across.

#47 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,161 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

moes monday yall it's all good yall

#48 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,927 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

If you want to learn about Physics, you ask Isaac Newton. If you want to learn about weight gain, you ask SCP.

If you want to learn about defense, don't ask Notre Dame.

#49 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,537 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

It's shocked me at how there are hardly any overweight people up here compared to when I lived in the South. The reason? We walk everywhere. So my advice is to eat horrible food, sit still as often as you can, drive everywhere, and eat more than you usually would. You'll get lardy in no time.

#50 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,186 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

i think also you have more money to spend on food in the South as well. were up north it goes to the cab, subway, bus, rail, tax man, Susanna on 42nd,

#51 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,624 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

I make a juiced up protein shake that helps

1 cup of 2% milk
1/4 cup of plain nonfat greek yogurt
1 tablespoon of almond butter
1 scoop of whey protein

Adds up to
462 calories
14g fat
32g carbs
49g protein

But I can't drink this sh*t all of the time.

Switch to sweetened almond milk. Add fresh fruit (or frozen fruit if it's a smoothie)

More calories, but the fruit will make you wanna eat sooner.

#52 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,489 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

I find this almost impossible. My normal eating habits only take me to about 1700 per day.

There's your answer. Carry Twix with you at all times. Chug whole milk. Super-size. Eat lots of red meat.

#53 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

come hang out with me for a couple weeks

#54 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

I've started counting my calories for the first time in my life, to try to gain weight.

In my efforts to try a weightlifting "bulking" phase and put on a pound per week, livestrong recommended that I eat over 3400 calories per day above any calories that I burn exercising.

I find this almost impossible. My normal eating habits only take me to about 1700 per day.

Help me, fatties... you're my only hope.

My husband is having the same problem He's basically a vegetarian who takes in around 1400-1700 calories a day ONLY because he will eat cookies or brownies before bed. Food seems almost repulsive to him (are you the same way?) He's trying granola. High in calorie but healthy. Lots of protein.

#55 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

I've started counting my calories for the first time in my life, to try to gain weight.

In my efforts to try a weightlifting "bulking" phase and put on a pound per week, livestrong recommended that I eat over 3400 calories per day above any calories that I burn exercising.

Help me, fatties... you're my only hope.

ok, I know a thing or two about wight gain and loss, and gotta a few questions.

what is the reason you are trying to gain weight?

What type of weight are you trying to put on?

How old are you and what kind of shape are you in, I know you must be slim but are we talking skin and bones or fit with a little bit of muscle definition?

Different things go into it and its not just a straight cut thing, when I lost my weight and got into shape I actually ended up loing too much weight and had to adjust my diet to put some more back on.

#56 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,865 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

come hang out with me for a couple weeks

To Zaxby's!

My husband is having the same problem He's basically a vegetarian who takes in around 1400-1700 calories a day ONLY because he will eat cookies or brownies before bed. Food seems almost repulsive to him (are you the same way?) He's trying granola. High in calorie but healthy. Lots of protein.

Nah, I love eating. But my wife and I have cut our meat consumption way down. This is more about being stuck eating the same things as my wife, who has cut her calories. I like the things we are eating now, they just aren't giving me enough calories.

#57 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,365 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

This may have already been suggested, but I'm not reading to find out.

To gain some much needed weight in my too skinny mid 20s I started going to the gym. I think the thing that helped most was the protien shake immediately after the workout which I followed with a nap. This was suggested to me by a friend who lifted a lot. You may not even need to nap. Just sit around for 30 minutes to an hour and allow that protien to do what you meant for it to.

Also this.

Krispy Kreme.

#58 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

get you some candy... like, lots and lots of candy

#59 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,865 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

Fact: I've worked across the street from a dunkin donuts/baskin robbins for the last 7 years I've worked here.

In that time period, they have built a bridge and a crosswalk directly from my office to this building.

Fact: Never been there.

#60 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,016 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

For 7 years the answer has been right in front of you... Cant see the ice cream through the fatties, or something like that....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com