Photo
- - - - -

Beason coming back?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#25 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Beason's contract basically keeps him here.
Highly doubt we'll find someone to trade for him.
We'd also be fools to weaken a strength, at a position that gets injuries.
Beason will be here, moved outside. It will be a lot of fun watching our leaflets running around making plays.

#26 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

we can't trade him or cut him..hopefully hes healed cause our Defense will be insane next year with him healthy

#27 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

The English on this board is impeccable as usual.

#28 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Fans forget wayyy to quickly - but Beason (when healthy) is a tremendously talented linebacker. Personally, he did not look great in training camp and was horrible early in the season. That suggests he was never fully recovered from the achilles injury he suffered in 2011 (it often takes two years to fully recover from a serious injury like that). He could come out and look like Beason of old next year - and that is just way too good to pass up. That is something that can make our defense extremely, extremely good (along with another good DT and safety).

People also turn a blind eye to the fact the average NFL career is 3 yrs.

Beason was great. Everyone who wants to comeback doesn't. The hope he finally looks like the Beason of 2010 in 2014 isn't really a great investment. We have Luke.

#29 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Beason's contract basically keeps him here.
Highly doubt we'll find someone to trade for him.
We'd also be fools to weaken a strength, at a position that gets injuries.
Beason will be here, moved outside. It will be a lot of fun watching our leaflets running around making plays.

kind of an argument for keeping dwill.

#30 Hammerin'Cameron34

Hammerin'Cameron34

Atlanta ain't Braver - I pull a # like a pager

HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Beason had ruptured his Achilles, when he came back for the first part of the season you could tell something was hampering him from the start right down in TB. Demeco Ryans took a full season really just to get back to normal. I hope we keep Beason cause he is a beast and he could really hanker down the outside. With Kuechly in the middle it will make Jon's job easier and everyone elses.

#31 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

As long as he takes a pay cut(restructure) and doesn't take Luke's spot then sure.

Rivera has already confirmed that Kuechly is now, and will remain, the starter at middle linebacker.

If Beason is back then he will be on the outside.

The combo of his big contract numbers and his recent injury history would indeed make him a candidate for trade, but the double -edged sword is the contract numbers also make it not such an easy thing to do.

I'm not about to try and predict what's gonna happen there.

#32 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Beason at OLB is not the same as a healthy Beason at MLB (remember WLB in 2010?). His instincts and skillset are for MLB, and putting him anywhere could very well be a waste of the man's time and Carolina's dollars. If he agrees to restructure then so be it, but he will have to show a lot in camp to prove that he can adequately play the outside compared to TD, James, or even Jason Phillips. I'd love to see it happen, but coming back from a 2nd year-ender (in addition to the shoulder problems that he's had since 2008) AND switching to an unnatural position will be a steep challenge.

#33 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

TD restructured so I think Beason will too.

I think everyone is looking in the wrong places to get rid of people. To me I think its time to part ways with Gross. We should grab a decent LT with our first pick, hope to grab a decent safety with the 2nd or grab one in free agency, and then consider the other needed spots.

Its time for Cam to become the man here in year 3. . Idk why it just feels like it. Gross would kind of be in the way of that.