• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 SparkyDevil

SparkyDevil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

We have a really nicely kept field - they do a good job with it. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I always liked that we were one of the few (only?) teams to have the NFL shield in the middle of the field. I respect that - plus it makes us unique. Our stadium could use some upgrades, but for those of you that have been to Ralph Wilson or FedEx Field - Bank of America Stadium is 1000% nicer- cleaner, better food, better customer service, better view, better layout. Otherwise, I have no other stadiums to compare ours with, but from the ones I've been to, it is much better.

#17 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,873 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

I love the shield too.

#18 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Great field. They grow the grass out in BF NC somewhere.

What year was it that the turf started coming up in chunks for one game?,

#19 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,953 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Wish our fans were as good as our grass :-(

#20 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,207 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

It looks nice

No Washington

#21 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Spruce up the concourses a bit. Other than that, I love BoA. Everything about it. Love how it looks from the outside and inside the bowl. Hell, every time I am in a place where I can see it on my way west of Charlotte, I try to catch a peek. That's my Yankee Stadium. My Lambeau Field. I love the place.

#22 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,953 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Spruce up the concourses a bit. Other than that, I love BoA. Everything about it. Love how it looks from the outside and inside the bowl. Hell, every time I am in a place where I can see it on my way west of Charlotte, I try to catch a peek. That's my Yankee Stadium. My Lambeau Field. I love the place.

Ya, me to. I'm down there at least once a week at lunch to visit the team store and soak in the stadium. Love that place.

#23 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,879 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Of course it's good, it almost never gets used in the Playoffs.

#24 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,953 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Of course it's good, it almost never gets used in the Playoffs.

Good point

#25 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

The players rate the fields every year, and we are always near the top if I recall correctly. I haven't seen the list in a year or two, but other teams seem to like playing here.

#26 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

We have a really nicely kept field - they do a good job with it. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I always liked that we were one of the few (only?) teams to have the NFL shield in the middle of the field. I respect that - plus it makes us unique. Our stadium could use some upgrades, but for those of you that have been to Ralph Wilson or FedEx Field - Bank of America Stadium is 1000% nicer- cleaner, better food, better customer service, better view, better layout. Otherwise, I have no other stadiums to compare ours with, but from the ones I've been to, it is much better.

I was just talking about Fed Ex with my aunt yesterday which is a DC resident and season ticket holder for the Skins and she said the same thing about the concessions and customer service. She said that the reason stadium workers are so rude is because they are only there as volunteers or to get in their community service hours. Thats right, they arent actual employees! lol! Boy, that Snyder is one cheap SOB... smh

I myself am not a fan of having the shield over our logo on the field but overall the facility is pretty good with the exception of the super small video boards. Every other stadium ive been to has much much larger replay screens. ...oh and the music they play sux too! lol!

All we need regarding renovations are upgrades to the video boards and music. IMHO - we dont need major renovations to the stadium.

#27 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

The video boards are fine. You can sit in the east endzone and see the board in the west endzone clearly. I wouldn't mind getting rid of the advertising covering the screen, though.
Music got better this season, but the sound system is still off. Can't hear the referee calling penalties in certain areas.

To answer an earlier question, wasn't it 1996 when the field was ripped apart by a college game, and was pretty much shot the rest of the season? I remember chunks of the field flying around.

#28 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,041 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

Great field. They grow the grass out in BF NC somewhere.

What year was it that the turf started coming up in chunks for one game?,

I believe that was Fox's first season, our third game against Green Bay. We had a shot to start 3-0 until the infamous Shane Graham shank.

#29 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Wish our fans were as good as our grass :-(

I wish our Front Office and Coaching staff were as good as our grass :(

#30 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised