Photo
- - - - -

BCS Bowl: #1 Notre Dame vs. #2 Alabama (conference pride dumbassery inside)

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,042 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Well be glad you didnt waste your money on buying tickets.

Unless you are a Bama fan....

#32 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,042 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

Te'o is Hawaiian for missed tackle

#33 sharkkiller

sharkkiller

Inconceivable

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • LocationSanto Domingo

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

Announcers going ape over AJ's girlfriend. Huddle probably will also

Who wouldn't go ape over her?

Posted Image

#34 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,175 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

How old is she? Looks about 30...+

Serious MILF possibilities...

#35 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Manti Te'o... please pick up the white courtesy phone. Everybody who ever gave you an award wants them back now that you failed to show up.

Overrated, overhyped and over matched, once again Notre Dame lives up to none of its expectations. I hope Regis Philbin is choking on his Lucky Charms this morning.

#36 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,154 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

True, if he thinks 3 OLineman from AL were tough, wait til he faces 5 each week that are bigger and faster. Not a good night for his draft status for sure

#37 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

It's too bad that for the second year in a row the team that won the NC didn't even deserve to be there.

Regardless whether you agree with me on that or not, I think we can all agree that the tourney, even if it is just a final four, can't get here soon enough.

#38 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,956 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

If you don't think Alabama would have won a four team playoff you're delusional.....

#39 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

If you don't think Alabama would have won a four team playoff you're delusional.....

To be fair, he didn't say they would not have won. He said they did not deserve to be there. But I would like to hear why they didn't deserve to be there.

But that is pretty delusional as well. Sure, there could have been better matchups than last night's, but that's not to say Alabama wouldn't make the final four of a playoff.

Alabama
Texas A&M
Oregon
...and someone else...

would have been my final four

#40 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,956 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

Oregon over Stanford.....really??

#41 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

It's too bad that for the second year in a row the team that won the NC didn't even deserve to be there.

wat

#42 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

The kid that filmed practice for ND thought THAT was a blow out.

Too soon?

#43 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

The SEC was not a very good conference this year. A one loss team in the SEC should not have even sniffed the NC game over a one loss Pac-10 or Big 12 team.

The SEC conference has not been the best conference in about 3 or 4 years, but they have lived off of a reputation of 5 years ago and inflated preseason rankings coupled with a weak out of conference schedule.

When your second or third best team should have lost to Lousiana Lafayette, and the other second or third best team almost lost to Louisiana Tech, and your entire conference overall struggles mightily against the Sun Belt conference including losses to Troy, UL Monroe, and Western Kentucky, in addition to several other near losses to Sun Belt opponents, you can't tell me you are the most dominate football conference in the country.

Sorry SEC fans, your conference is weak right now (well, still probably 2nd or 3rd best conference. I mean weak by SEC standards). And look, my dad graduated from Auburn and is a big fan of the SEC. I am not just an SEC hater.

But the game is rigged. They boost their BCS standings by playing no one, or at least no one that is a true threat, out of their conference, and relying on preseason polls to boost their standing from playing each other inside the conference.

I don't blame them, it is working. But it is time for a tourney so the subjective preseason polling quits having so much influence on who is actually National Champions.

BTW, I didn't say that Alabama wasn't the best team in the country, I just said they didn't deserve to be in the NC game. Just like ND wasn't one of the top 2 teams in the country, but still got to play in the game because they did deserve it.

#44 sharkkiller

sharkkiller

Inconceivable

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • LocationSanto Domingo

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

The SEC was not a very good conference this year. A one loss team in the SEC should not have even sniffed the NC game over a one loss Pac-10 or Big 12 team.

The SEC conference has not been the best conference in about 3 or 4 years, but they have lived off of a reputation of 5 years ago and inflated preseason rankings coupled with a weak out of conference schedule.

When your second or third best team should have lost to Lousiana Lafayette, and the other second or third best team almost lost to Louisiana Tech, and your entire conference overall struggles mightily against the Sun Belt conference including losses to Troy, UL Monroe, and Western Kentucky, in addition to several other near losses to Sun Belt opponents, you can't tell me you are the most dominate football conference in the country.

Sorry SEC fans, your conference is weak right now (well, still probably 2nd or 3rd best conference. I mean weak by SEC standards). And look, my dad graduated from Auburn and is a big fan of the SEC. I am not just an SEC hater.

But the game is rigged. They boost their BCS standings by playing no one, or at least no one that is a true threat, out of their conference, and relying on preseason polls to boost their standing from playing each other inside the conference.

I don't blame them, it is working. But it is time for a tourney so the subjective preseason polling quits having so much influence on who is actually National Champions.

BTW, I didn't say that Alabama wasn't the best team in the country, I just said they didn't deserve to be in the NC game. Just like ND wasn't one of the top 2 teams in the country, but still got to play in the game because they did deserve it.

That makes absolutely no sense. How can you say that Alabama did not deserve to be there based on what you perceive as a weakened SEC conference, then say that ND does deserve to be there even though you state they are not even the second best team in the country?

Please tell me, who deserved to play in this game?

#45 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

That makes absolutely no sense. How can you say that Alabama did not deserve to be there based on what you perceive as a weakened SEC conference, then say that ND does deserve to be there even though you state they are not even the second best team in the country?

Please tell me, who deserved to play in this game?

You are absolutely correct!!! It makes no sense at all, which is why they desperately need a playoff.

But the main point is that ND won all their games. In the current system we have, they earned the right to be there. But even though they finished 12-0 I don't think they were the best team in the country and I don't even think they were the second best team in the country.

But as for the one loss teams, I would say that Oregon or Kansas State deserved it more than Alabama.

Pac-12 is better than the SEC right now, and the Big 12 is much, much deeper. Even Kansas who went 1-11 aren't as bad as their record suggests. Kansas played a pretty tough out of conference schedule SJSU, NIU, Rice, and then played in the deep Big 12. I mean Kansas is not a good team don't get me wrong, but they aren't as bad as their 1-11 record suggests.

The Big 12 title is earned. There are no easy games (except maybe Kansas). They don't play the easy conference games like Tennessee, Auburn, and Arkansas.

Kansas State and Oregon's overall body of work was more impressive than Alabama's and both played in better conferences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.