Photo
- - - - -

BCS Bowl: #1 Notre Dame vs. #2 Alabama (conference pride dumbassery inside)

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#46 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,196 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

LOL

Someone doesn't watch CFB, thanks for showing us how much you don't know Teeray.

I needed that great laugh this morning, shake my hangover.

#47 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

LOL

Someone doesn't watch CFB, thanks for showing us how much you don't know Teeray.

I needed that great laugh this morning, shake my hangover.

Well maybe if you weren't sh!t faced you would realize that what I said was actually correct.

;)

#48 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,196 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Well maybe if you weren't sh!t faced you would realize that what I said was actually correct.

;)

Right, remind me again what happened to the top 2 teams from the Little12 this year.

Oh yea one got annihilated by the 5th best SEC team.

The other got wiped out by Oregon.

It's ok we know you don't watch CFB.

#49 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Right, remind me again what happened to the top 2 teams from the Little12 this year.

Oh yea one got annihilated by the 5th best SEC team.

The other got wiped out by Oregon.

It's ok we know you don't watch CFB.

Edit: Kansas did not beat SJSU. So forget that part <_<

The second or third best team in the SEC got annihilated by a Big East team and their other second or third best team got beat by an ACC team.

Therefore, ACC and Big East > SEC.

Am I doing it right?

Maybe the SEC would have looked more impressive if they didn't play tough conferences like the Sun Belt and WAC.

#50 sharkkiller

sharkkiller

Inconceivable

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationSanto Domingo

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Wow. It is comical listening to you justify yourself through false and circular logic.

Let me see if I can do this.

Oregon lost to Stanford, who lost to Washington, who finished 7-6 and lost to Arizona who had to go to OT to beat Toledo (of the MAC).

So Oregon would by your logic merely be the best team in the MAC.

#51 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Wow. It is comical listening to you justify yourself through false and circular logic.

Let me see if I can do this.

Oregon lost to Stanford, who lost to Washington, who finished 7-6 and lost to Arizona who had to go to OT to beat Toledo (of the MAC).

So Oregon would by your logic merely be the best team in the MAC.

You are missing the forest for the trees.

I was poking fun at that logic, not actually using it. I am fairly confident that Texas A&M is better than Kansas and that the SEC is better than the ACC and Big East (although, to be fair the Big East was underrated this year. Especially their top teams as Florida found out)

And to answer your question. Yes I do think Oregon would be the best team in the MAC. Don't you?

???

#52 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Urban meyer sure looked nervous last night. Cause he knows that SEC football rules!!!!!!

#53 sharkkiller

sharkkiller

Inconceivable

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationSanto Domingo

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

You are missing the forest for the trees.

I was poking fun at that logic, not actually using it. I am fairly confident that Texas A&M is better than Kansas and that the SEC is better than the ACC and Big East (although, to be fair the Big East was underrated this year. Especially their top teams as Florida found out)

And to answer your question. Yes I do think Oregon would be the best team in the MAC. Don't you?

???

You were using that logic in an argument to defend your previous statements. I apologize if I was unable to see that you were indeed making fun of the logic that you were using to make your point.

See below:

When your second or third best team should have lost to Lousiana Lafayette, and the other second or third best team almost lost to Louisiana Tech, and your entire conference overall struggles mightily against the Sun Belt conference including losses to Troy, UL Monroe, and Western Kentucky, in addition to several other near losses to Sun Belt opponents, you can't tell me you are the most dominate football conference in the country.

Now how is that not using the same logic that you were making fun of in the other post?

Edit: Oregon the best in the MAC? Sure, but their defense probably wouldn't have been the top ranked in the conference.

#54 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,196 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Teeray doesn't watch CFB, don't bother :)

#55 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Now how is that not using the same logic that you were making fun of in the other post?

Edit: Oregon the best in the MAC? Sure, but their defense probably wouldn't have been the top ranked in the conference.

No it isn't the same logic. Using just one or two games to make those assessments is fool's gold.

The assessment I as making was off of a preponderance of evidence over several games against low level conferences (WAC and Sun Belt) and several different teams.

It is the fact that outside of the SEC conference I can only find two true real quality wins for the entire conference. FL beating FSU and the Cocks beating Clemson. Maybe Michigan but I think Michigan is pretty bad and the Big 10 is the 6th best conference in CFB.

There is more evidence that the SEC was not as strong as it has been in the past than there is that it was a dominate conference. I still think it is the third best conference this year. Also I was singing a completely different tune 3 or 4 years ago when there was a huge gap between the SEC and everyone else.

I didn't just say it to troll SEC fans, i said it because there is evidence that supports it.

#56 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

And if it makes you guys feel better, I do think the SEC is better than it was last year, and is trending back upward.

Next year they very well may be the top conference again. 3 years ago they were the top conference.

But with Auburn and Arkansas both going from decent to terrible over the last two season hurts the conference overall. A&M helped it go back up this year as well as Florida and Georgia playing better and the Gamecocks becoming legit.

I think those teams will continue to get better or remain good, and I think Arkansas and Auburn will both be much improved with their coaching hires.

I imagine the SEC will be the best conference again next year, and if not almost certainly in 2014.

#57 sharkkiller

sharkkiller

Inconceivable

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationSanto Domingo

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

So what are the "quality" wins for your top two conferences? Because I am quite sure we can find a "preponderance of evidence" to show that they are no more quality than the SEC wins. This is really a moot debate, because you are stating opinions as fact. But it is clear that you will never see it that way.

So you win.....SEC sucks....yay PAC 10....or whoever you think is better.

#58 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

So what are the "quality" wins for your top two conferences? Because I am quite sure we can find a "preponderance of evidence" to show that they are no more quality than the SEC wins. This is really a moot debate, because you are stating opinions as fact. But it is clear that you will never see it that way.

So you win.....SEC sucks....yay PAC 10....or whoever you think is better.

SEC doesn't suck. They just aren't the best conference right now.

And of course that is just my opinion. And reasonable minds can disagree. But the opinion is based on the fact that the SEC didn't perform well against weak opponents like the Sun Belt and Louisiana Tech and doesn't have a great non-conference schedule to really judge them on otherwise.

Someone said earlier that it doesn't matter if they are top heavy. All that matters is the top teams. Well I contend it was a lot easier to go undefeated in the SEC this year than it would have been to go undefeated in the Big 12.

Lets be honest. Auburn was garbage. Tennessee was garbage. Kentucky was garbage. Arkansas was garbage. MIzzou was pretty bad. Miss State was average at best. Ole Miss was average at best. Vandy was decent and is on the rise but had a very favorable schedule and no quality wins.

So that is over half the conference that is average at best and mostly garbage.

That leaves Bama, Florida, Cocks, LSU, Georgia and A&M as the only good teams in the conference. But wait, they don't all have to play each other.

Bama didn't play Florida, Georgia, or the Cocks in the regular season this year.

So let's be real about this. Bama played only 2 regular season games they had any legit shot of losing this year (LSU and A&M) and they lost one of em.

When I look at the Big 12, every week is tough.

Kansas sucks. Iowa State is pretty bad or average at best.

After that everyone is pretty damn good. KSU, Oklahoma, Baylor, OK State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, and WVU.

If I am not mistaken everyone of those teams spent time in the top 25. WVU slid at the end of the year, but they were 2 points away from having 9 wins on the season.

So my point is this. Bama only played two games that they even had a shot of losing all regular season. In the Big 12 you have 9 conference games and 7 of them are very losable and against real quality opponents.

I don't necessarily think the Big 12 is a better conference because their top teams are the best, it is because it is the deepest conference in all of CFB. Yet I do think their top teams are pretty darn good

Anyway, will stop the conversation there. This whole debate will become pointless after a playoff goes into effect.

As Vandy continues to rise, and Auburn and Arkansas get back on track in addition to A&M with Sumlin, Manziel and their HUGE recruiting class (I think they have 35 commits or something ridiculous like that) I have no doubt the SEC will be the best conference again in the very near future. But these last two seasons they have been down. IMO lol.

#59 Kitten Diver

Kitten Diver

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

UA>>>>>KSU
A&M>>>>OU
UGA>>>Baylor
USCe>>>>Texas(This year anyway)

Keep going down the list. Try again bud.

#60 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

UA>>>>>KSU
A&M>>>>OU
UGA>>>Baylor
USCe>>>>Texas(This year anyway)

Keep going down the list. Try again bud.

That would be great if they actually played each other like they do in the Big 12.

UA played exactly 1 of those teams in the regular season. No FL, no Georgia, no USCe. They played two really legitimate games during the regular season (LSU and A&M) and lost one of them.

It was cupcake city. Mainly because the SEC West was pretty terrible this season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com