#151 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,389 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Agree. We need to go get a vet CB like a Cason, McKelvin, DRC, Sean Smith (mostly going to be franchised)

We need to address all five needy positions (OG/DT/WR/CB/FS). We have to use both FA and the Draft.

Agree 100%. We simply have too many holes at crucial positions that need to be filled to ignore them in free agency and attempt to find starters in the draft.

Even if we just hire an older stopgap at the CB or Safety positions I'd be content. Aside from that, our first three draft picks need to be instant starters. I'm confident our first and second rounders will make an impact and have my fingers crossed that we can find a gem in the 4th to at least rotate in and take over a starting job by season's end.

#152 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

I swear if there was a little read option mixed in to these ND plays I would be sure that Chud was pulling double duty with the Golden Domers. Horrible play calling.

#153 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

I really do worry about Warmack's mobility. Really doesnt matter. Should never take a OG that high anyways. Decastro was the better Guard prospect by miles last year and didnt go until the mid twenties.

#154 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Norte Dame secondary is terrible

#155 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

I really do worry about Warmack's mobility. Really doesnt matter. Should never take a OG that high anyways. Decastro was the better Guard prospect by miles last year and didnt go until the mid twenties.

I've been preaching that for months but if Warmack is the BPA at 14 and can boost your OLINE up, go with him. Don't go with what history tells you.

#156 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

a Guard is never the BPA. Because anyone who knows what BPA really means knows positional value plays a part. If Marty Hurney understood that perhaps he'd still be employed in this sport.

#157 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,389 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Anyone think we take Milliner at 14 if he drops to us? Imagine Milliner, Warmack, Williams all being on the board while we are on the clock.

#158 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Milliner just looks the part... But it's just really hard to trust Alabama DB's.

#159 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Anyone think we take Milliner at 14 if he drops to us? Imagine Milliner, Warmack, Williams all being on the board while we are on the clock.

No I rather go a bet cb.
And Warmack and Williams will be on the board once our clock start ticking

#160 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,164 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

a Guard is never the BPA. Because anyone who knows what BPA really means knows positional value plays a part. If Marty Hurney understood that perhaps he'd still be employed in this sport.

I didnt think LB was either.

#161 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

Warmack is a beast at 14 though. Who would you take ahead of Warmack at 14 other than my guys (Hankins, Allen, Jesse and Richardson); your BPA?

#162 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,389 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

If Jesse Williams solidifies that he is worthy of the 14th pick in the combine I'd get on board with him as well. I just want a big DT that constantly draws the double team and has an endless motor.

I just love his nastiness. Love the attitude and his crazy tattoos and his style. The dude has "Fear is a Liar" tattooed on his head. Our defense needs more freaks up front and some mean dudes to get after wittle Matty Ice and Brees.

#163 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

If in a wonderful world we could trade down into the 20s and gain an extra 2nd. Warmack, Dallas/Floyd, and Da'Rick Rogers would be awesome.

#164 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

I know some people see taking OG at 14 as bad value due to the position, but this guy is really an instant starter can't miss prospect. I can't say the same about Hankins, Richardson, Jesse Williams, Eric Reid. Maybe Keenan Allen is a sure fire superstar, but that's about it. Call me Marty Hurney if you would like but I will take the safe pick in round 1 every time. Reach later.

#165 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,389 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

For some reason I just can't get on board with taking a WR in the first this upcoming draft. We need to protect our biggest asset in Cam Newton. Next year the WR class is much better and we have more pressing needs here and now in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com