Photo
- - - - -

My Case for drafting Kennan Allen and Matt Elam.

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#91 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

it's like your goal on the huddle is to bash people, who in the end want the panthers to succeed just like you. it's truely a shame. But since you like to do it, i will as well. Can you not read??? He said trade down into the 20's and take kennan allen and an offensive lineman with the extra pick. Therefore keenan allen doesn't have to be worthy of a top 15 pick. Read and Think before you react, don't just set out to be a douche

I would've been able to understand his fantasy thought if he would've been able to make a sentence I could read.

Go back and read how it started before you call someone out, im talking about Patterson now.

#92 Panthers4lyfe

Panthers4lyfe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

i saw he said to, instead of 2 or two.. who the fug cares man. everyone could understand what he was saying and it's the internet, people type in short hand. come on man

#93 Panthers4lyfe

Panthers4lyfe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

but personally i'd take keenan allen over patterson, although i think both will be good recievers in the nfl. patterson may be a better fit with cam newton though being a deep threat, and cam's deep ball. we already have lafell and olsen to make plays over the middle. smitty is the only deep threat unless rivera gives gettis a shot which honestly who knows if that'll happen. id gladly take either though if we can trade back and gain a 2nd or 3rd and land one of these guys

#94 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • 2,231 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

i think whatever direction we decide to take for picks 1 and 2 we should focus on improving one side of the ball. Next year is all about winning and making the playoffs. A DT in the 1st and a saftey in the 2nd would defintely make us a strong defensive team with Rivera. Also a Wide in the First and a O line in the 2nd gives Cam a weapon and protects him. This will maximize both picks since we dont have a 3rd at the moment

My idea ( maybe to hopeful)

1. Patterson/Allen
2.Barret Jones/Lane Johnson

or

1. Johnatha Hankins
2. Tony Jefferson

#95 roaddog96

roaddog96

• HUDDLER
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Corradelle is a good WR, raw but potential is high. I just dont see "it" with Keenan Allen like so many others seem to. He's a solid WR but I dont see anything he does that clearly separates him from Terrance Williams, DeAndre Hopkins, or even Justin Hunter. Honestly, I think DeAndre Hopkins is the best WR is this draft and fits what we want to do here anyways. Has the size, speed, and hands of a potential elite WR and would give us the heir to the #1 spot that we've been looking for the past couple of years...but that's just my opinion.

http://www.youtube.c...ed/13cTixvMEos

http://www.youtube.c...ed/bVWm9pNiXYY

#96 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • 2,231 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

i just feel Cam's number 1 reciever needs to be in his height range. i want a 6'3 or 6'4 reciever for Cam even though i know Hopkins plays bigger than 6'1 but a athletic 6'4 plays bigger than 6'4

#97 roaddog96

roaddog96

• HUDDLER
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

i just feel Cam's number 1 reciever needs to be in his height range. i want a 6'3 or 6'4 reciever for Cam even though i know Hopkins plays bigger than 6'1 but a athletic 6'4 plays bigger than 6'4

I understand that....but how many of those do you find in the first or 2nd round that live up to that potential? Many teams have busted picking WR's just cause of height and speed, forgetting that route-running and the ability to sell fakes are just as important if not more. Corradelle will probably run the faster 40, but DeAndre is a more complete receiver, and he's young (only 20), so he may grow to that 6'3.5-6'4 range. I think both will make whatever team that picks them happy, just that Corradelle will take a little bit longer to develop.

#98 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • 2,231 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

I understand that....but how many of those do you find in the first or 2nd round that live up to that potential? Many teams have busted picking WR's just cause of height and speed, forgetting that route-running and the ability to sell fakes are just as important if not more. Corradelle will probably run the faster 40, but DeAndre is a more complete receiver, and he's young (only 20), so he may grow to that 6'3.5-6'4 range. I think both will make whatever team that picks them happy, just that Corradelle will take a little bit longer to develop.

It wouldnt take that long for him to develop with smitty and proehl coaching him up. His only knock is route running and that can be taught. You cant teach size and hopkins will be in the 2nd.

#99 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Grab allen if he's there, gettis will be back

If by god's luck, lamont bryant can emerge

#100 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • 2,231 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Grab allen if he's there, gettis will be back

If by god's luck, lamont bryant can emerge

That would be insane

#101 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,918 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

His body of work is laughable as well and I'm not the only one who thinks this. Just read around.

Congratulations. I'm not on the Elam bandwagon but being torched in one bowl game doesn't mean anything. It's one game. That's my point.

#102 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Chance Warmack.

/thread

1% chance at best he's there at 14. he could go as high as 4 and wouldn't fall past tennessee at 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com