#61 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,970 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

those truly in the know don't sell out. alex jones is as credible to "truth" as justin bieber is to music.

#62 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,408 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

i believe it to be extremely arrogant to think we are the only form of life in the universe. and stupid.

I don't think anybody's questioning that. It's impossible given the dimensions of this universe that there wouldn't be other life forms somewhere else.

However, a lot of people are also aware that the dimensions of the universe are so ridiculously immense that communication with extraterrestrial life forms could plausibly be infeasible at this time.

#63 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,927 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

I'm not sure where you're getting at or what this has to do with anything. If those concepts were included in the pool of what we know to be absolutely for sure, then I would've mentioned it in my previous post.

But if I must, as far as the ET situation goes, it is in my personal opinion that there is something to it all, we just don't know all the details. When getting into that realm of information there is so much info and disinfo mixed together that it makes it seemingly impossible to decipher fact from fiction.

i believe it to be extremely arrogant to think we are the only form of life in the universe. and stupid.

I didn't ask about the vague idea that there is life in the universe. Venom has listed the specific names and races and their backstories and intentions on this forum (i copied those names in my post from one of his own posts). I just wanted to know if that's one of the things we're not allowed to debate him on because his word is fact.

#64 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

If you want to be taken seriously, there are plenty of examples of human/corporate greed and corruption that would keep anyone interested in fighting injustice busy for ten lifetimes. Why not discuss those issues, based on real world tangible evidence, and not undermine your credibility with far fetched, unsubstantiated, conspiracy theories? Granted the age old story of insatiable human/corporate lust for more power and money is not as sexy as internet conspiracies involving secret organizations, agencies, cults and aliens, but they are verifiably real and as such, are infinitely more dangerous to the well being of our society. Alex Jones' motivations are no different today then when he started his routine years ago, make a living off of easily manipulated listeners that want to buy into conspiracy theories with little or no evidence.

#65 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,907 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

I didn't ask about the vague idea that there is life in the universe. Venom has listed the specific names and races and their backstories and intentions on this forum (i copied those names in my post from one of his own posts). I just wanted to know if that's one of the things we're not allowed to debate him on because his word is fact.

Geez dude. I get that you're trying to be smart ass and I get that you're trying to discount information in one hand with information in another, while classically attacking the messenger. Yes, I have posted threads on theories of potential ET races...but so what? I post what I post to get people thinking and help open their minds to new ideas and potential realities. Both you and I know that I cannot provide any definitive proof that certain species or whatnot are 100% real.

Its about entertaining all topics and coming up with your own conclusions on bits of information while trying to put all the pieces together. As I've said many times on here before...everything is a learning process...and trial and error is a significant part of it. There's nothing wrong with entertaining certain ideas...and there's nothing wrong with believing them. In the end, no one can definitively say such ideas are wrong either.

I'm still trying to figure out why you brought ETs into this conversation...its not like Jones said anything on the subject. What does all this honestly have to do with anything?

#66 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

Geez dude. I get that you're trying to be smart ass and I get that you're trying to discount information in one hand with information in another, while classically attacking the messenger. Yes, I have posted threads on theories of potential ET races...but so what? I post what I post to get people thinking and help open their minds to new ideas and potential realities. Both you and I know that I cannot provide any definitive proof that certain species or whatnot are 100% real.

Its about entertaining all topics and coming up with your own conclusions on bits of information while trying to put all the pieces together. As I've said many times on here before...everything is a learning process...and trial and error is a significant part of it. There's nothing wrong with entertaining certain ideas...and there's nothing wrong with believing them. In the end, no one can definitively say such ideas are wrong either.

I'm still trying to figure out why you brought ETs into this conversation...its not like Jones said anything on the subject. What does all this honestly have to do with anything?

Venom, I have been reading your stuff for years and you have made some good points over that time. However, much of what you have to say is undermined by the less credible topics/people you have advocated for in the past.

#67 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,907 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Venom, I have been reading your stuff for years and you have made some good points over that time. However, much of what you have to say is undermined by the less credible topics/people you have advocated for in the past.

That reverts back to a simple problem of associating any set of information with a messenger and comparing it with other sets of information entertained by said messenger. This is why we have to look at the information itself. Going after the messenger is a cop-out and a cheap attack strategy because it doesnt directly deal with the information. Rodeo was using this obvious tactic to discredit one view with my consideration of another.

#68 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,927 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Which view was I attempting to discredit?

#69 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Which view was I attempting to discredit?

Knowing you? Both of them. :)

#70 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

That reverts back to a simple problem of associating any set of information with a messenger and comparing it with other sets of information entertained by said messenger. This is why we have to look at the information itself. Going after the messenger is a cop-out and a cheap attack strategy because it doesnt directly deal with the information. Rodeo was using this obvious tactic to discredit one view with my consideration of another.

While you may be well intentioned, repeatedly sounding the alarm with unsubstantiated stories will undermine your credibility as a messenger. Ask Alex Jones, Glenn Beck or "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".

#71 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,907 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

While you may be well intentioned, repeatedly sounding the alarm with unsubstantiated stories will undermine your credibility as a messenger. Ask Alex Jones, Glenn Beck or "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".

I can agree with that. If I joined this forum recently knowing what i know now it wouldve helped my credibility as a messenger around here...but fortunately for you guys, you got to witness my learning process first hand, haha.

#72 Wolf Stansson

Wolf Stansson

The Dentist

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Alex Jones is illuminati just like Tila Tequila

#73 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

I can agree with that. If I joined this forum recently knowing what i know now it wouldve helped my credibility as a messenger around here...but fortunately for you guys, you got to witness my learning process first hand, haha.

it's interesting how conspiracy theorists are sometimes able to correctly acknowledge that they were wrong yet, instead of looking back at what led them to being so wrong, they choose to assume that they weren't "enlightened" enough and double down on crazy

#74 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

my god

is that a jean shirt he's wearing

apparently they are back in style now

#75 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,068 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

my god

is that a jean shirt he's wearing

true sign of insanity: jean shirts outside of 1994.

a true reptilian media overlord would never wear that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com