Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cutting Jon Beason.

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Say what you want about Hurney and his contracts and everything, but when Beason signed that deal, I don't recall many (if any) people on this board had anything but great things to say about it and saying he's worth every penny. At the time, for a top 3 MLB, it was not bad. Hindsight is always 20/20, and I understand if he gets released/traded, but we can't bitch about contracts that were perfectly fair at the time of their signing.

Yup!!!

What idiot were going to let Beason walk at the time. It's funny how people acts like the knew everything now with hindsight 20/20

Posted

Nah.

I'm sick of the Carolina feel good Bull Shyt.

I'm ready for some New-England-Patriot-trade-Richard-Seymour-to-the-Raiders-for-a-first-round-pick-because-we-have-Vince-Wilfork-waiting-goodness.

I want to win and am tired of this re-sign Dan Morgan, keep John Fox, Everet browne will break out, one more year for Rivera krap.

When will the Carolina Panthers get serious?

We have all the pieces in the world to be a serious contending team: Cam, 89, Olsen, Gross, Kalil, Dwill, Stew, Tolbert, CJ, Hardy, Dwan, Anderson, TD, Beason, Kuechly, Gamble, and Godfrey. That's some great pieces and a playoffs team.

A couple holes here and there that needs to be address through both FA and the draft. We cant just keep living through the draft and not do anything with FA. We lack the coachings the last two seasons. If Rivera can live up to the hype when we brought him in next season and quit costing us games, we will win. He and the coaching staffs need to use our players wisely. Put the game plan into the kinds of players we have. We had three great backs that they couldn't learn how to utilize. It shows whos at fault. Better coaching and bringing in key guys at needy position will get us up there.

Posted

All these same people would have cut Thomas Davis at a moment's notice too. He's going to get right. I want it to be here.

Posted

is it just me or does Beason have a little bit of GH gut going on there

Posted

Why cut him when he has said he would be willing to restructure? If you want to get rid of someone try Gamble or Dwill.

Posted

Why cut him when he has said he would be willing to restructure? If you want to get rid of someone try Gamble or Dwill.

Try gamble

Posted

Hurney really did screw us. He definitely help created a overplayed unachieving culture.

Maybe so, but Beason was not underachieving. He was payed modesty for what he meant to our defense/team as a whole. He was a top 3 MLB.