30 replies to this topic

#16 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

"Beason: The logical scenario for him is a contract restructure to knock his cap figure down. Beason currently has a $9.5 million cap figure and $3.75 million of his $5.25 base salary for this year is guaranteed. Beason also has $12 million in outstanding pro-rated money. "

http://espn.go.com/b...name/jon-beason

So if theres 12 million in prorated money that will hit the cap and we can spread it out over 2 years by cutting him after june 1st then we could save 3.5 this year against the cap. Then next year it would free up another 3.5 off the cap. Then we would be off the hook for the 11.75 and 9 million he'd count against the cap in 15 and 16 if I understand everything correctly.

Don't forget that $3.75 million left in guaranteed salary, so that would make it only $1.75 million in savings this year if we cut him June 1st cut.

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Posted Image

http://youtu.be/e9OQ3tjPsL0

#18 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,226 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

Yeah that workout was a joke.

#19 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Yeah that workout was a joke.

You loss weight just looking at that vid

#20 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,226 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

No, that workout translates to 15 2012 Tackles.

#21 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

No, that workout translates to 15 2012 Tackles.

Look, you had more tackles this season tackling the Cooks at the buffet.

#22 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Hurney really did screw us. He definitely help created a overplayed unachieving culture.

Say what you want about Hurney and his contracts and everything, but when Beason signed that deal, I don't recall many (if any) people on this board had anything but great things to say about it and saying he's worth every penny. At the time, for a top 3 MLB, it was not bad. Hindsight is always 20/20, and I understand if he gets released/traded, but we can't bitch about contracts that were perfectly fair at the time of their signing.

#23 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,226 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Look, you had more tackles this season tackling the Cooks at the buffet.

Nah.

I'm sick of the Carolina feel good Bull Shyt.

I'm ready for some New-England-Patriot-trade-Richard-Seymour-to-the-Raiders-for-a-first-round-pick-because-we-have-Vince-Wilfork-waiting-goodness.
I want to win and am tired of this re-sign Dan Morgan, keep John Fox, Everet browne will break out, one more year for Rivera krap.

When will the Carolina Panthers get serious?

#24 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,374 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Looks like he will be a starter... Lets not be hasty cutting good players bc you read about the salary.

#25 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Say what you want about Hurney and his contracts and everything, but when Beason signed that deal, I don't recall many (if any) people on this board had anything but great things to say about it and saying he's worth every penny. At the time, for a top 3 MLB, it was not bad. Hindsight is always 20/20, and I understand if he gets released/traded, but we can't bitch about contracts that were perfectly fair at the time of their signing.

Yup!!!
What idiot were going to let Beason walk at the time. It's funny how people acts like the knew everything now with hindsight 20/20

#26 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Nah.

I'm sick of the Carolina feel good Bull Shyt.

I'm ready for some New-England-Patriot-trade-Richard-Seymour-to-the-Raiders-for-a-first-round-pick-because-we-have-Vince-Wilfork-waiting-goodness.
I want to win and am tired of this re-sign Dan Morgan, keep John Fox, Everet browne will break out, one more year for Rivera krap.

When will the Carolina Panthers get serious?

We have all the pieces in the world to be a serious contending team: Cam, 89, Olsen, Gross, Kalil, Dwill, Stew, Tolbert, CJ, Hardy, Dwan, Anderson, TD, Beason, Kuechly, Gamble, and Godfrey. That's some great pieces and a playoffs team.

A couple holes here and there that needs to be address through both FA and the draft. We cant just keep living through the draft and not do anything with FA. We lack the coachings the last two seasons. If Rivera can live up to the hype when we brought him in next season and quit costing us games, we will win. He and the coaching staffs need to use our players wisely. Put the game plan into the kinds of players we have. We had three great backs that they couldn't learn how to utilize. It shows whos at fault. Better coaching and bringing in key guys at needy position will get us up there.

#27 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

All these same people would have cut Thomas Davis at a moment's notice too. He's going to get right. I want it to be here.

#28 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,790 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

is it just me or does Beason have a little bit of GH gut going on there

#29 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Why cut him when he has said he would be willing to restructure? If you want to get rid of someone try Gamble or Dwill.

#30 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Why cut him when he has said he would be willing to restructure? If you want to get rid of someone try Gamble or Dwill.

Try gamble

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com