Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER

flags and stuff

80 posts in this topic

Showing that Lincoln was not gung ho about freeing the slaves does not show that the South was seceding for reasons other than to save slavery.

Sure there were questions of States Rights, but the main reason for Southern States leaving was they were concerned that the the US was planning to end slavery. We know this because of hundreds of primary documents from the states themselves stating just that.

1 person likes this

and Please don't insult my dead ancestors, you don't know them nor do I as I have not researched them. So you are assuming what they were. That makes you uneducated, racist, and possibly a hypocrite.

They were traitors. If I phrase it like that does that make it less offensive to you? They did nothing that deserves to be romanticized.

They were traitors. If I phrase it like that does that make it less offensive to you? They did nothing that deserves to be romanticized.

Not particularly.

If you feel the need to insult someones ancestors, from which you have no context, that is 100% your problem, not mine.

Keep your nose in your prearranged reality that has been spoon fed to you, you will find it much safer than learning.

Despite the feelings of many in this forum, reality is rarely black and white.

Despite the feelings of many in this forum, reality is rarely black and white.

Just wanted to quote this because it needs repeated.

The entire continental army, signers of the deceleration of independence and their supporters were traitors as well.

But that's cool.....

America is really a country of traitors.

All of my direct relatives who fought, fought for the CSA.

That being said, the Confederacy was a dark part of our history, and nothing to be proud of. We ignorantly fought to preserve a way of life that involved the systematic enslavement, torture, and rape of an entire group of human beings. There are people who will try and deny for the same reason people deny the Holocaust or the Rape of Nanking, but there's too much evidence otherwise. To deny it is revisionist history.

We, as Southerners, should be able to look honestly at our past. Was the North some great white horse riding in to save black people? No, of course not. Were the majority of Southern ground troops fighting directly for slavery? Not directly, no. But at the end of the day, our reason for war was terrible, and is nothing to be celebrated.

All of my direct relatives who fought, fought for the CSA.

That being said, the Confederacy was a dark part of our history, and nothing to be proud of. We ignorantly fought to preserve a way of life that involved the systematic enslavement, torture, and rape of an entire group of human beings. There are people who will try and deny for the same reason people deny the Holocaust or the Rape of Nanking, but there's too much evidence otherwise. To deny it is revisionist history.

We, as Southerners, should be able to look honestly at our past. Was the North some great white horse riding in to save black people? No, of course not. Were the majority of Southern ground troops fighting directly for slavery? Not directly, no. But at the end of the day, our reason for war was terrible, and is nothing to be celebrated.

But you have no problem being a modern American knowing we forced an entire population and race of indigenous people into small little tracts of land and took everything else they had?

Yeah man I see how you're so much better...

Where did I say I had a problem being a modern Southerner?

Also do not forget the systematic genocide of the Vampires at the hands of Lincoln...