79 replies to this topic

#16 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Seriously? Have you read any of the Declarations of Secession? They all mention the god given right for Whites to own Africans. The Civil War was about preserving an institution that the South was economically dependent on. After the war the same institution essentially continued in the form of sharecropping. The "Stars and Bars" can and should be compared to the Nazi flag because people who supported both destroyed the lives of millions. It is no accident that in the present day the "rebel flag" is one of the flags often used by white power groups....one other flags they like are all variations of some sort of Nazi flag.

*I was wrong about how all the declarations of secession mentioned slavery, but anybody who honestly thinks that the Civil War was not about money (ie the South protecting an institution that kept powerful southerners rich and comfortable) is an idiot. Your ancestors were scum (scum that lost); Get over it and stop romanticizing it.

no they weren't

read NC's

ETA: I see you caught your own mistake, but I still strongly suggest you research NC's path to secession...

#17 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

double post

#18 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,468 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Had ancestors on both sides. One in particular was a confederate pow and forced to fight for the union. Don't think of either as scum. Sherman was a cock sucker but that's a whole other thread.

#19 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,430 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

What tax year are we in?

#20 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,610 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

*I was wrong about how all the declarations of secession mentioned slavery, but anybody who honestly thinks that the Civil War was not about money (ie the South protecting an institution that kept powerful southerners rich and comfortable) is an idiot. Your ancestors were scum (scum that lost); Get over it and stop romanticizing it.

Lincoln:

I will say then that I am not, nor have I ever been in the favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races . . . There must be a position of superior and inferior, and I... am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race ... I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position that the negroe should be deprived everything.

and

"My paramount objective in this struggle is to save the Union, and it is not either to save or destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slaves, I would do it, if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it."

The Civil War has a ton of history in it. I for one am thankful for it, its net result was the end of a terrible and archaic tradition, that end also destroyed most of the South and bloodied the entire Nation a fitting punishment for a practice the entire country had been involved with at some point. That said, the winner writes the history book.

FWIW I don't and never will fly or own a confederate flag.

and Please don't insult my dead ancestors, you don't know them nor do I as I have not researched them. So you are assuming what they were. That makes you uneducated, racist, and possibly a hypocrite.

#21 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Showing that Lincoln was not gung ho about freeing the slaves does not show that the South was seceding for reasons other than to save slavery.

Sure there were questions of States Rights, but the main reason for Southern States leaving was they were concerned that the the US was planning to end slavery. We know this because of hundreds of primary documents from the states themselves stating just that.

#22 Cage

Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

and Please don't insult my dead ancestors, you don't know them nor do I as I have not researched them. So you are assuming what they were. That makes you uneducated, racist, and possibly a hypocrite.

They were traitors. If I phrase it like that does that make it less offensive to you? They did nothing that deserves to be romanticized.

#23 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,610 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

They were traitors. If I phrase it like that does that make it less offensive to you? They did nothing that deserves to be romanticized.

Not particularly.

If you feel the need to insult someones ancestors, from which you have no context, that is 100% your problem, not mine.

Keep your nose in your prearranged reality that has been spoon fed to you, you will find it much safer than learning.

Despite the feelings of many in this forum, reality is rarely black and white.

#24 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,674 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Despite the feelings of many in this forum, reality is rarely black and white.

Just wanted to quote this because it needs repeated.

#25 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,468 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

The entire continental army, signers of the deceleration of independence and their supporters were traitors as well.

But that's cool.....

#26 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,610 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

America is really a country of traitors.

#27 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

All of my direct relatives who fought, fought for the CSA.

That being said, the Confederacy was a dark part of our history, and nothing to be proud of. We ignorantly fought to preserve a way of life that involved the systematic enslavement, torture, and rape of an entire group of human beings. There are people who will try and deny for the same reason people deny the Holocaust or the Rape of Nanking, but there's too much evidence otherwise. To deny it is revisionist history.

We, as Southerners, should be able to look honestly at our past. Was the North some great white horse riding in to save black people? No, of course not. Were the majority of Southern ground troops fighting directly for slavery? Not directly, no. But at the end of the day, our reason for war was terrible, and is nothing to be celebrated.

#28 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

All of my direct relatives who fought, fought for the CSA.

That being said, the Confederacy was a dark part of our history, and nothing to be proud of. We ignorantly fought to preserve a way of life that involved the systematic enslavement, torture, and rape of an entire group of human beings. There are people who will try and deny for the same reason people deny the Holocaust or the Rape of Nanking, but there's too much evidence otherwise. To deny it is revisionist history.

We, as Southerners, should be able to look honestly at our past. Was the North some great white horse riding in to save black people? No, of course not. Were the majority of Southern ground troops fighting directly for slavery? Not directly, no. But at the end of the day, our reason for war was terrible, and is nothing to be celebrated.

But you have no problem being a modern American knowing we forced an entire population and race of indigenous people into small little tracts of land and took everything else they had?

Yeah man I see how you're so much better...

#29 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Where did I say I had a problem being a modern Southerner?

#30 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,177 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Also do not forget the systematic genocide of the Vampires at the hands of Lincoln...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com