• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

People use the symbolism for other things, sure. But a celebration of heritage? Meh, that would take some convincing.

why?

#42 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

so can i be disgusted by people who fly nazi flags or should i respect their heritage or whatever because none of these replies really cleared that part up for me

React however you see fit. I'd be willing to put money on the fact that most flag flyers fly their flags because they know it pisses people off. if you think people who fly the flags are edumacated enough to know it's meaning, then you're giving them far too much credit.

#43 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

why?

Really because I don't really know how to define a modern celebration of Nazi culture, other than the obvious open racism/feeling of racial superiority and far far right views.

I don't consider racism/feeling racially superior and having one-sided views a heritage.

#44 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

Really because I don't really know how to define a modern celebration of Nazi culture, other than the obvious open racism/feeling of racial superiority and far far right views.

I don't consider racism/feeling racially superior and having one-sided views a heritage.

Really because I don't really know how to define a modern celebration of Nazi Confederate culture, other than the obvious open racism/feeling of racial superiority and far far right views.

#45 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

Really because I don't really know how to define a modern celebration of Nazi Confederate culture, other than the obvious open racism/feeling of racial superiority and far far right views.

lol okay...

I didn't know Confederates were responsible for the systematic genocide of millions upon millions of people based solely on their race... but nice try...

Somehow I knew you were going to go there, and you're being terribly naive... or at the very least, ignorant...

#46 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

I don't even own a Confederate flag. But if I did and wanted to fly it, it would be to primarily celebrate my ancestors (non-slaveholding) that fought against an overly oppressive government that wanted to force them into submission for political gain.

Hell, I don't even hold a whole lot of neo-confederate views. Gun ownership is probably about the only one I can think of other than the desire to be independent from the Empire.

I'm anti-religion and all associated legislation (like moral laws), pro-choice, pro-racial equality, pro-immigration, etc. etc. etc.

But I'm a bad guy somehow because I think people have a right to honor people that fought and died for at least a few of the tenets that I still believe in today.

Somehow I should be ashamed and crawl under a rock because SOME of the rich white-folk of the era had a vested interest in preserving the slavery that drove their personal economy.

The same fuging thing happens to day. But let's be outraged at someone flying a flag.

#47 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

I don't even own a Confederate flag. But if I did and wanted to fly it, it would be to primarily celebrate my ancestors (non-slaveholding) that fought against an overly oppressive government that wanted to force them into submission for political gain.

Hell, I don't even hold a whole lot of neo-confederate views. Gun ownership is probably about the only one I can think of other than the desire to be independent from the Empire.

I'm anti-religion and all associated legislation (like moral laws), pro-choice, pro-racial equality, pro-immigration, etc. etc. etc.

But I'm a bad guy somehow because I think people have a right to honor people that fought and died for at least a few of the tenets that I still believe in today.

Somehow I should be ashamed and crawl under a rock because SOME of the rich white-folk of the era had a vested interest in preserving the slavery that drove their personal economy.

The same fuging thing happens to day. But let's be outraged at someone flying a flag.

Flying the flag means you desire to go back in time to solve our nation's "black problem". I don't care what you say. Never challenge my overly simplistic worldview.

#48 boostownsme

boostownsme

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Comparing Nazism to the Confederacy is dumb, as is calling everyone who flies or respects the "heritage" of the Confederate battle flag a racist. A very small percentage of Southerners actually owned slaves, while the majority fought during the war for, here it comes, States Rights.

#49 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Comparing Nazism to the Confederacy is dumb, as is calling everyone who flies or respects the "heritage" of the Confederate battle flag a racist. A very small percentage of Southerners actually owned slaves, while the majority fought during the war for, here it comes, States Rights.

Well if boostownsme says it, it must be true.

#50 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Well if boostownsme Delhommey says it, it must be true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users