Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bwood

A look at the 6 GM candidates the panthers will interview this week

47 posts in this topic

I live in Southern California, but you're welcome.

im sure no one on the huddle ever goes to the charlotte observer website, like ever.

I don't any more, not since they want $$ to read the rag. We don't all have the extra bucks for such things.

I'm counting on the Huddle to come through with news.

Thank you, Bwood!

Ross is young, but not inexperienced.

Of the candidates we have, he's tied for the second most NFL scouting experience (16 years, same as Paton, behind only Gettleman who's been at it for 25 years).

My ideal situation would be to hire Gettleman for the job now but also hire his eventual successor at the same time, putting him in a position like Director of Player Personnel or some such (something we don't have right now).

Have said before that I'd absolutely love to get both Gettleman as the GM of the present and Ross as his heir apparent, but that's a pipe dream.

IMO, that's the position Beane's really interviewing for...whether he realizes it or not.

I'm being interviewed tomorrow

i was interviewed last week.

and by interviewed i mean i sent in my application for the job 37 times (or probably twice that amount, tbh) and they sent team security to my house to talk to me and ask/tazer me to not do it anymore.

i think they're just playing hardball in the negotiation game so i've stepped up what i'm doing. i'm sure it will work. don't worry, the team will be safe in my hands. i've got over 20k posts in here and i'm pretty sure that makes me among the most qualified.

i was interviewed last week.

and by interviewed i mean i sent in my application for the job 37 times (or probably twice that amount, tbh) and they sent team security to my house to talk to me and ask/tazer me to not do it anymore.

i think they're just playing hardball in the negotiation game so i've stepped up what i'm doing. i'm sure it will work. don't worry, the team will be safe in my hands. i've got over 20k posts in here and i'm pretty sure that makes me among the most qualified.

Good strategy.

Best of luck. If you get the job, remember I was always your friend.

I'm almost at the point where I don't even care who gets hired as long as it isn't Beane.

Good strategy.

Best of luck. If you get the job, remember I was always your friend.

220px-Beijing_bouddhist_monk_2009_IMG_1486.JPG

220px-Beijing_bouddhist_monk_2009_IMG_1486.JPG

is that Traphik

1a Ross

1b Gettleman

Any others I haven't researched so if they pick them I'll be a Falcons fan instead

is that Traphik

don't know. random google search thumbs up guy.

IMO, that's the position Beane's really interviewing for...whether he realizes it or not.

God I really hope so.