Photo
- - - - -

Suns/Grizzlies Talking Rudy Gay. WE NEED TO INTERVENE!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,442 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Reportedly Rudy Gay for Jared Dudley and future 1st rounder. If we were going to give up a future first for Cousins, then why not at least consider it for Gay. We need a proven 20 ppg wing scorer just as much as we need a big. I also think offering Hendo and some form of draft pick is better than Dudley.
http://basketball.re....s_For_Rudy_Gay
What say you?

#2 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

i'm interested. If they would take hendo and a 1st.

Gay has great size can play the 2 or 3 spot. Is able to drive and shoot from outside.

#3 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Gay is not very good. With that trade they would still be bad in the short term and worse off in the long term. Definitely not worth derailing any rebuilding plans over. Overpaying for a player like that is just a path to mediocrity, especially for a small market franchise.

#4 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Part of staying the course in going young and building through the draft is ignoring temptation.

#5 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Yea, the contract is a deal breaker in this one. No thank you.

#6 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Rudy is a SF not a guard. He doesn't have the foot speed or game to play SG. This trade makes no sense for us with MKG on the roster. We need bigs that is all.

#7 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,442 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

MKG can play the 2 or the 4.

I know the contract is horrible, and I wouldn't prefer to give up a pick considering his contract (they should actually be giving us one for taking it), but his scoring would be a welcomed addition to this team.

#8 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

I was just looking at the Grizzlies record, and apparently they're one of the best teams in west. I agree with most in saying that Rudy's contract is a deal breaker, plus he's not elite. If we're going to give up our first and possibly Hendo, we need someone elite in return. That's why I was down for dealing for Cousins, because he will be elite.

#9 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,152 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Not a popular opinion here I'm sure, but the Bobcats need to sit pat and suck this year and the next IMO. By landing Gay and his massive contact, they're right back to competing for the 7th-8th seed in the East every year and not much else. Land a Top 3 pick this year, and do not miss out on the Andrew Wiggins/Jabari Parker class of 2014.

Kemba, MKG, and Wiggins would form one hell of a young nucleus...not to mention the Top 3-5 pick from this season. Do that, and you might just attract a decent FA as well.

#10 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Memphis also looking to trade Randolph

#11 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

I'm not sure if I'd do this trade. Rudy is a great player but he's really nothing special. He's not your game changer. He's another piece you add to a contending team.

Unless we plan on winning next year and going hard in FA after a player like CP3 or someone else to add to the mix, I don't want Rudy just being here trying to win with the guys we have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users