40 replies to this topic

#31 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

We watched Monday night... I had gotten it, along with Beasts of the Southern Wild (GREAT MOVIE), Amazing Spiderman, and Ted from Redbox on Sunday...

I liked it... The slower parts were kind of slow, and I knew (kind of) how it would end SPOILER TO FOLLOW:

Spoiler

I picked up on a lot of Terminator feel to this movie, but I'd give it a 7/10...

If you liked this and haven't already seen it, check out the movie In Time...

#32 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,305 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

- Everything Wrong With Looper In 3 Minutes Or Less

Spoiler alert!

Yup, that's pretty much all of my problems with the movie. And LOL @ the "$100 says this kid still grows up to be a raging a**hole."

I had a scriptwriting class with a professor who had some pretty impressive credentials in Hollywood/Broadway, and he would've ripped this thing up in the first 5 minutes.

He was big on having to explain everything and that the "rules" for something had to be clear... They had to be solid, not really fluid because it loses the audience. I kept thinking that's what happened here and why I felt so dissatisfied with it. It's like they plugged in a couple big names and were like, "F it, now we can do what we want."

It was very messy and they made up the rules as they went along. My prof hated dialogues that briefly and poorly explained "the rules" to a concept like this. It apparently rubbed off on me.

#33 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,235 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

The big ones for me were the time travel inconsistencies

#34 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,235 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

If you liked this and haven't already seen it, check out the movie In Time...

I thought it was a decent movie but it got destroyed by critics

#35 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,305 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Was In Time the Justin Timberlake movie?

If so, I was also seriously disappointed with that one. Time travel is a very touchy concept and you have to close all the gaps for the audience. That's why Terminator and Back to the Future were so awesome, they did it pretty masterfully.

With In Time, it's been awhile since I saw it, but again, it started off with a great premise and it seemed like it just got bogged down in details the further along it went. It felt like it went off the rails once they started turning into "time Robin Hoods," lol, at least for me.

#36 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

yeah it was Timberlake...

It wasn't really about time travel at all... People stopped aging at 25, and any time they lived after that was based on the amount of time they earned or received from others. Time was basically the currency, and the rich could live for millions of years if they wanted (while remaining their 25 year old self).

#37 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,305 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

yeah it was Timberlake...

It wasn't really about time travel at all... People stopped aging at 25, and any time they lived after that was based on the amount of time they earned or received from others. Time was basically the currency, and the rich could live for millions of years if they wanted (while remaining their 25 year old self).

Oh, I didn't mean to lump that in with time travel... My bad, I was still thinking about Looper.

As far as In Time, yeah, like I said, I really liked the premise... I just feel like they got lost in the details and then things lost their meaning once he turned Bonnie and Clyde with the big wig's daughter.

I will also say, I have no idea how JT didn't impregnate his own mother at the beginning. She was HAWT, and I was angry when she died, lol.

#38 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,847 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I enjoyed Looper .

Great flick.

I can tear apart any movie. So ragging about that doesn't impress me.
Just tells me you don't know how to enjoy a movie.

I can also safely predict the ending of most stories. It's not difficult .

Try just being entertained.

#39 Mayor Qumiby

Mayor Qumiby

fug the saints!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Surprised there hasnt been a swoll tuck or greg frye reference yet

#40 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Started off strong, but somewhere along the way, something went amiss.

Interesting...I had the exact opposite reaction. I thought it was a bit slow and confusing to start...then the last half it really picked up. Overall a good movie, but not as good as I was expecting.

#41 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,316 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

Great movie. That YouTube clip above is terrible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com