Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:41 PM
Scenario 1: Big guys out of the gate
1. Eric Fisher OT – Gross’ age and salary are high. This guy can ball
2. David Amerson CB – Would rather have a safety here. But he slips and we grab
4. Brennan Williams, OT – Good value here. Big nasty falls due to shoulder injury
5. Connor Vernon, WR – Good hands.
6. Shamarko Thomas, S – Hands of stone but can snot bubble anyone. Special teams big man and safety rotation
The Good – Built the offensive line with depth and strengthen defense and ST with Amerson and Thomas
The Bad – No solution for the DT position
Grade B maybe B+
Scenario 2: GM shapes the team
1. Sheldon Richardson DT – Instant starter and creates formidable front 7
2. Kyle Long OT – New gm has the hots for this guy. Great pedigree4
4. Knile Davis, RB - Backfield depth
5. Xavier Nixon OT, Big guy late
6. Devonte Holloman, LB – ST and Rotational player
The Good – Long term interior DL is addressed. Promise for OL rotation. Other solid picks.
The Bad – No excitement in any of the picks
The Maybe – Kyle Long pick shows that the GM is in control of the team. JR would never draft him due to off the field issues. If he turns out solid it will be a definite win for the new regime. Might turn out to be a great draft
Grade C may become an A
1. Justin Hunter, WR – Steve Smith can now pass the torch
2. Eric Reid, S – Good catch in the 2nd round
4. Larry Warford, OG – OL depth
5. Alex Hurst, OT – SEC OL big nasty
6. Montel Harris – Rb – Depth in the backfield
Good – Potential #1 WR and DB strength
Bad – Neither OL or DL has a solution
Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:06 PM
Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:08 PM
I wouldn't mind a draft where the first two picks are on the o-line
(1) Warmack (2) Dallas (4) Brennan Williams???
Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:47 PM
nt is a more pressing need than ut.
there is many ways we can go in this draft.
will be interesting to see what happens.
pray we can trade down and get another 2nd or 3rd