2012 The Hottest Year on Record...

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,888 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

About that conspiracy theory forum someone suggested awhile back...

#32 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

About that conspiracy theory forum someone suggested awhile back...

Have we already gotten to the part where we try to derail a reasoned response with a snarky remark? Same ole', same ole'....

Jeez, I feel myself getting dumber every time I look at these posts. I'm doing the first intelligent thing since visting the Tinderbox by simply leaving you wood nymphs to your own mutual masturbations.

#33 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

You all just wait until the oceans get warm enough for the frozen methane at the bottom to start melting and bubbling up to the atmosphere. Then things will get real fun. Methane is about 20 times more effective as a greenhouse gas than CO2

#34 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 15,647 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

Here's another one... remember how we used to claim how we were destroying the ozone? What happened with that?

How about losing all of our breathable air due to deforestation of the Brazilian rainforest?

Still there... Still there.

In fact the ozone hole is still widening due to pollution from the 70s.

#35 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 15,647 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

You all just wait until the oceans get warm enough for the frozen methane at the bottom to start melting and bubbling up to the atmosphere. Then things will get real fun. Methane is about 20 times more effective as a greenhouse gas than CO2

I'm already building a beach house in Antarctica.

#36 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Here's another one... remember how we used to claim how we were destroying the ozone? What happened with that?

Companies and governments greatly reduced the amount of CFCs they produced and the ozone layer started to repair itself. The ozone hole still exists over Antarctica though. Pretty cool how changes in our behavior can have an effect on the environment.

#37 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 9,767 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Companies and governments greatly reduced the amount of CFCs they produced and the ozone layer started to repair itself. The ozone hole still exists over Antarctica though. Pretty cool how changes in our behavior can have an effect on the environment.

Actually during this time of year, Antarctica receives a good deal of sunlight is received so stable O2 is formed. The layer is thinned over the Arctic region right now due to longer periods of darkness during the northern winter.

I always laugh at companies that denied CFCs damage until they had secured a patent on a replacement compound. Any asthmatics here take albuteral? HUGE proponent of the CFC ban.

#38 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,458 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

May be true, may not.

All I know is it's a fantastic way to control energy.

Control the energy and the guns....wonder what could happen?

#39 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

May be true, may not.

All I know is it's a fantastic way to control energy.

Control the energy and the guns....wonder what could happen?

pffft

gun control is small potatoes. Want to really control the world? Control the water.

#40 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Am I to assume it was all bull poo because you don't know "what happened with that"?

Educate your mind with the following links.
http://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/
http://www.nasa.gov/...ne-history.html
http://www.nasa.gov/...ource_page.html

note: I saw most of this same info on a recent trip the Air and Space museum, several times we made the statements, we could just read all this on the internet. lol however i enjoy the museum experience.

#41 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,193 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Water? Nah.... Control the pussy

#42 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 15,647 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

You can't control the pussy... You can only hope to contain it.

#43 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,458 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

pffft

gun control is small potatoes. Want to really control the world? Control the water.

People have been saying this for hundreds of years.

Until we get to that point, the energy and the guns are the most important if you want to control the masses.

#44 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,888 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Climate change deniers are right up there with anti-vaccine people for showing how bad science education has gotten in this country.

#45 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,458 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Climate change deniers are right up there with anti-vaccine people for showing how bad science education has gotten in this country.

There is no doubt that climate change is real....the part that most of us don't really buy is the part about us/humans causing it.

The Earth climate has been changing for millions of years, it didn't start in the 70's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.