• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91 James Dator

James Dator

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

James, remember that time you said Blaine Gabbert was better than Cam? That's why no one takes you seriously.

Not sure I'll ever live that one down. Though it is one of those things that has kind of spun out and away from the truth by several degrees.

If you actually look at what I wrote pre-draft, I said that Newton had far and away the higher ceiling, and the far greater chance to be 'great', but I was very unsure about whether he could correct his mechanics at the next level, and become a true pocket passer.

Thankfully for all of us the organization took a risk that I wouldn't have -- at least playing armchair GM.

FWIW, I still think Gabbert has a future -- just needs to get away from that dumpster fire in Jacksonville. He always needed 1-2 years to sit before starting, and never should have been put in year-one. At least that's the way I see it.

#92 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Not sure I'll ever live that one down. Though it is one of those things that has kind of spun out and away from the truth by several degrees.

If you actually look at what I wrote pre-draft, I said that Newton had far and away the higher ceiling, and the far greater chance to be 'great', but I was very unsure about whether he could correct his mechanics at the next level, and become a true pocket passer.

Thankfully for all of us the organization took a risk that I wouldn't have -- at least playing armchair GM.

FWIW, I still think Gabbert has a future -- just needs to get away from that dumpster fire in Jacksonville. He always needed 1-2 years to sit before starting, and never should have been put in year-one. At least that's the way I see it.

The best thing to know before you join here:

There's some people who just won't compromise... as with anywhere, but you'll see it's especially prevalent here lmao (not a shot at you either JT)

#93 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed Moncrief 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,314 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

i do visit an inferior site at times, but Gabbert problem cant be coached. he is too scary to play QB in this league.

#94 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Has there been any news on Gettleman? I still say he ends up being our guy.

#95 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,811 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Interviewing today. No other details yet that I've seen.

#96 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I doubt we hear anything of substance prior to everyone being interviewed and most likely sometime next week at the earliest that a deal is struck and announced.

#97 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,846 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

It's def going to be Ross, I can feel it in my loins.

#98 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,811 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

It's def going to be Ross, I can feel it in my loins.

Apologies JOAT. Your loins are a little off :lol:

I doubt we hear anything of substance prior to everyone being interviewed and most likely sometime next week at the earliest that a deal is struck and announced.

Great moments in bad timing :lol:

There's news now.

#99 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 10,821 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

I'm starting to feel bad for Mr. Ross. It really does look like most teams used him for the Rooney rule.

#100 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,811 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Truthfully I have no clue who the front runner is. My guess is Gettleman solely because every potential candidate other than Ross come from a pro-personnel background, not college scouting -- but what do I know?

Good guess.

I'm starting to feel bad for Mr. Ross. It really does look like most teams used him for the Rooney rule.

Given that we had Accorsi running the search, I feel confident he was a serious candidate with us.

I'd absolutely love for us to hire him as a Director of Player Personnel or something like that.

#101 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

I'm declaring myself the new NJPanthers after that.

#102 SparkyDevil

SparkyDevil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

I'm declaring myself the new NJPanthers after that.

Shouldnt that title be reserved for James Dator?

#103 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,510 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

I would eat crow with a gallon of pinto beans on the side

SCP quoted one of my posts! I feel like I just met a celebrity or something :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.