Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WR coach Fred Graves and LB coach Warren Belin are fired

91 posts in this topic

Posted

I kinda find myself wondering if they might promote Ricky Proehl to the full time WR coach slot.

That said, reading the Panthers.com article, I think the "different direction" Rivera might want to go in has to do with more coaching experience at the pro level. He definitely has some options for that at RB Coach with guys like Tim Spencer, Ollie Wilson and Ted Williams. There's also Charlie Joiner to possibly be had as a receiver coach.

Linebackers? Only guys I could find with much experience there among the recently freed staffs were Bob Babich of the Bears (unlikely given history) and Mike Caldwell of the Eagles. Caldwell's an interesting option, not super long in the experience department but connections with both Rivera and McDermott via the Eagles. Also ended his playing career as a Panther.

Posted

I kinda find myself wondering if they might promote Ricky Proehl to the full time WR coach slot.

As a fan, I could get behind this..........I think

Posted

All of these firings are so the new GM can hire his own and assemble the staff... that way next year, if Rivera does poorly, less staff has to be hired and fired

No way, the next coach would want to hire his own staff, not some ready made family.

Posted

Is he supposed to fire himself?

that would be a good start

Posted

Lol at the linebackers coach being fired. We only have some of the best linebackers in the league and he was likely a part of their success.

Posted

Eh, it isn't like any new HC magically hires a staff year 1 and everything meshes....takes time to really build something and have all the right coaches IMO.

Plus, some of it could be there were guys Ron wanted prior but now he might can go get.

That's been my take.

Been checking up on Rivera connections among coaches that are looking for jobs right now.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sad day. Panthers Nation we lost a good one today. #CoachBelin SMH

Sad day. Panthers Nation we lost a good one today. #CoachBelin SMH

— Thomas Davis (@ThomasDavisSDTM)

January 9, 2013

Via Thomas Davis twitter.

Posted

https://twitter.com/...803695880175617

Via Thomas Davis twitter.

i guess someone's got to say something.

Posted

I don't see how they can justify firing the WR coach after Armanti had that catch

1 person likes this

Posted

I think Ron Rivera knows a little more about what's going on with his staff than we do. If you listen to actual football minds Kuechly has been great against the run and chasing down plays for tackles. However he's been lost in coverage. In fact I was at the Panthers radio show when Luke was the guest and he mentioned himself that he does not know how to play with leverage and the world class athletes can "set him up" for big plays. This was after playing against Sproles and Graham.

Posted

Wow, berlin, our LB coach. That doesn't make any kind of sense.

Posted

The derp moves never cease with this team, I swear. Almost as bad as the Cowboys in that regard.