4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,184 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

"Teflon Ron"

Always witty commentary from App State's most famous alum.

#17 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,598 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Gantt starts the article question all of Rivera's moves, then says the real problem is the misallocation of dollars spent on running backs by Hurney.

Well, which is it, Darin?

He's never gotten over the (unfair) way he was dropped, but no need to take it out on innocent people.

i vote for both.

it's a clusterf*ck.

#18 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

In the past I enjoyed Gantt, but lately he has become ridiculously critical (almost bitter) with his tweets and stories. No matter what the Panthers do, they are wrong. The stance is getting tired. Its like when he started working for pro football talk he wanted to focus on ragging on the Panthers.

Honestly, what decisions has the franchise made recently that he should be applauding them for?

#19 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,174 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Really I don't remember Gantt being happy about a move we've made.... Ever.

When he was the beat writer for the Panthers he was great though... Knew pretty much everything that was going on in the front office

Except for jake delhomme's contact extension

#20 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

I agree with nearly everything Gantt wrote.

All is not well in Pantherland.

#21 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

In the past I enjoyed Gantt, but lately he has become ridiculously critical (almost bitter) with his tweets and stories. No matter what the Panthers do, they are wrong. The stance is getting tired. Its like when he started working for pro football talk he wanted to focus on ragging on the Panthers.

Agreed every tweet I see is a smart alec remark about anything the Panthers do

#22 PantherMan89

PantherMan89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Agree 100%

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Can't disagree with DG.
Everything he said is the truth.

The main problem is still here (Rivera).

LB, WR and RB weren't the problem but somehow all the coaches are used as scapegoats.

#24 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,598 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Agreed every tweet I see is a smart alec remark about anything the Panthers do

he is a prick and i've had my share of arguments with him over the years, but i can't argue with the write up. he made a lot of good points and brought up a lot of good questions that i don't know the panthers have a good counter to.

#25 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,184 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

I'm not happy about Chud still being here.

Really wanted Norv

#26 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,174 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

"Teflon Ron" isn't as good or original as "Stoic Ron", btw

#27 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,270 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

I agree, I deleted him from my twitter. I got tired of him.

he is a prick and i've had my share of arguments with him over the years, but i can't argue with the write up. he made a lot of good points and brought up a lot of good questions that i don't know the panthers have a good counter to.

Sadly, I agree with this too. :(

#28 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Butt hurt

#29 SparkyDevil

SparkyDevil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Honestly, what decisions has the franchise made recently that he should be applauding them for?

I know it's been a rough season, even with the late win streak, but firing Hurney was the right move. Hiring a consultant to assist with the GM search was a good move. I know its old, but Morrison seems like a solid president - guy is always out and about shaking hands. What about how the big cat handled the situation with Greg Olsen's baby?

I can't recall a time when Gant praises any of our players (I know there have not been many worth it for the past three seasons) but guys like DeAngelo, Tolbert, Johnson, Hardy, Godfrey, LaFell - you never hear anything about them. However, when the Panthers do anything where you can make it look like a foolish move, he jumps on it. He was critical when rivera fired the special teams coach - and as I recall, special teams play did improve towards the end of the season. It seems like he is just bitter towards the Panthers and looks for the negative over the positive. I'll still follow him, he's good at what he does. This shtick is just getting old.

#30 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

I respect your opinion... I didn't like the releasing of any of the position coaches I feel if any position coach needs to be fired it should be the O-Line. I especially don't like that we won't look at Jim Skipper for our RB coach, Double Trouble ran their best while he was here smh....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com