• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#46 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Which IMO is why JR was a freakin idiot for keeping this loser instead of letting the GM do what's necessary.

Rivera sucks..

#47 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

I agree with Gantt, why the hell fire the LBs coach? That just makes no sense whatsoever

#48 SparkyDevil

SparkyDevil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

I agree with Gantt, why the hell fire the LBs coach? That just makes no sense whatsoever

I hear you - it is really weird right? It makes zero sense on the outside, which suggests that there is (or was) something else going on here. Maybe Rivera has his eye on someone with head coaching experience and linebackers was the only area he could put them. Who knows..maybe Belin did not want to put Luke at MLB and Rivera did.

#49 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Why do I feel most of the Gantt hatred comes from the fact that he isn't a homer and he usually laughs at the fan tweets suggesting we go get whatever washed up big named player just got cut?

#50 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Maybe Belin didn't agree with Rivera and didn't buy into his bs so he was probably on his way out to go somewhere with more organizational skills I believe.

#51 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

I hear you - it is really weird right? It makes zero sense on the outside, which suggests that there is (or was) something else going on here. Maybe Rivera has his eye on someone with head coaching experience and linebackers was the only area he could put them. Who knows..maybe Belin did not want to put Luke at MLB and Rivera did.

or maybe part of the condition of him staying was that change had to be made. heads had to roll. part of the whole "its just business" thing.

they have to do something that shows they won't accept the way things were. there is a price to failure and these guys just paid it so rivera, chud, and mcd don't...and i wouldn't be surprised to see more tomorrow.

right now its very likely what we're seeing is window dressing.

#52 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,112 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

coordinators would have been easier scapegoats... I don't buy it.

#53 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,208 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

I don't read Darrin Gantt he's a jerk and his constant "you follow me buddy" comments on twitter got me to unfollow him. I don't understand why he's super critical of the Panthers. Rivera has completed just two seasons. Lot's of head coaches get 2 seasons. I don't get the scapegoat thing either. Who in their right mind would look at the situation and think "yeah it was the positions coaches fault". They weren't scapegoats. It just wasn't working so they made a change.

#54 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Why do I feel most of the Gantt hatred comes from the fact that he isn't a homer and he usually laughs at the fan tweets suggesting we go get whatever washed up big named player just got cut?

Not mine. I agree with gantt more often than not. I just think he goes a bit overboard in his bashing of the Panthers.

Say I'm not a big fan of lil wayne and every time he is mentioned on here I go on a fifty post rant about why he sucks and tupac is better and yadda yadda. Eventually most people would be like, we get it, you're not a weezy fan.

Thats kinda what I feel like gantt does every opportunity he gets with Carolina. Just my opinion though.

#55 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,394 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Well....anyone who says Hurney is a scapegoat to start there arguement.....has a flaw in their argument

#56 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Am I the only one getting tired of Darin Gantt?

#57 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,467 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Gantt and Hurney must have been drinking buddies.

#58 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,208 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

I'd pie you a hundred more times if I could. Spot on.

Gantt was decent on twitter regarding the Panthers after he was gone as beat writer. Now since he's started at PFT, he only writes articles slamming Carolina. If I see a Carolina related title on the PFT homepage, I don't even need to click it to know it was written by DG and its bashing Carolina.

You're right, he has been slamming Carolina. But, the upper management needs to be held accountable for what's going on. Four straight losing seasons? The past two seasons we started out 2-8? Yes, there is a problem. Yes, people need to be called out on it.

I'm not saying everything is bad. Drafting Cam was great. Drafting Kuechly was great. But, all of the other parts? Horrible. And now we're in a hole it's going to take a while to dig out of, a few seasons at least.

Good for Darin for calling people on their bullshit.

#59 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Not that it matters, i guess, but there are in fact a lot worse franchises and a lot worse owners. Teams suvive salary cap issues all the time.

As far as Rivera, well, I'm not fan, but he is here for another season.

There are 3 ways to look at it:
1. scapegoats, sure but honestly who cares who the LB or WR or RB coaches are?
2. maybe Rivera feels he can upgrade to a better set of coaches, it happens with the firings this time of year
3. or maybe things went on behind close doors we don't know about.

Either way, it really does not matter in the long run as long as the right GM is picked.

#60 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,263 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Not that it matters, i guess, but there are in fact a lot worse franchises and a lot worse owners. Teams suvive salary cap issues all the time.

As far as Rivera, well, I'm not fan, but he is here for another season.

There are 3 ways to look at it:
1. scapegoats, sure but honestly who cares who the LB or WR or RB coaches are?
2. maybe Rivera feels he can upgrade to a better set of coaches, it happens with the firings this time of year
3. or maybe things went on behind close doors we don't know about.

Either way, it really does not matter in the long run as long as the right GM is picked.

Meanwhile our stadium will continue to get owned by opposing fans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com