Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

I hate the offseason

#77 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Really I don't remember Gantt being happy about a move we've made.... Ever.

When he was the beat writer for the Panthers he was great though... Knew pretty much everything that was going on in the front office

When he left he got butt hurt and has serious personal issues with the Panthers front office apparently and it has clouded his judgement ever since. It's a shame, because he use to be a great Panthers beat writer.

#78 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Darin has always been very sarcastic. That's just his style, and it rubs some the wrong way. But I would ask those of you that think he is "just butthurt" to go into the article and find the parts that are false for further discussion here. Maybe some of you are being unduly influenced by not liking his style.

#79 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,355 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Don't care if Gantt is an a**hole or if he's bitter, I agree with most of what he wrote. Glad this org is getting called out.

#80 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,534 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

He's writing for PFT now. You think they don't tell him to sensationalize at every turn?

#81 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

That's what passes for news today. Any fan following the team at all could have written that op-ed piece. Isn't he supposed to be a reporter? I want to know why they were fired. Even a quote from Rivera about moving forward to improve the team generic speak.

The reason is the Panthers keep everything close to the vest and don't really talk to the media (can't blame them) so they just write opinion pieces based on nothing more than you or I know.

We've gotten one snippet about there being division among the offensive coaches but that's it. No follow up. No actual reporting. I've seen some conjecture from a guy in the comments sections about lack of coaches experience and plausible reasons why those coaches were let go and at least that's something to ponder. Gantt just wrote a message board post.

#82 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Darin has always been very sarcastic. That's just his style, and it rubs some the wrong way. But I would ask those of you that think he is "just butthurt" to go into the article and find the parts that are false for further discussion here. Maybe some of you are being unduly influenced by not liking his style.

absolutely correct. he's always been like that. he's not a panther fan (doesn't mean he's a hater) so his takes on things, while well sourced, hasn't been obscured by homervision. he's often a prick about it, but he's been one of the more objective guys out there.

it might have sounded hateful and spiteful, but considering the lack of success in the history of this franchise the stuff that has been happening since the season has ended its not hard to believe that he's spot on with his assessment. you can say that they know what they are doing nd they've got it under control, but history, esp. recent history, wouldn't be on your side.

#83 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,797 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

gantt is and always has been a moron

#84 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,365 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

How dare anyone criticize this mighty franchise? Quit fuging whining. We have been a laughing stock for soo long, some of our self-depricating fans, gleefully poo on our own record setting QB.

#85 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,598 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

When he left he got butt hurt and has serious personal issues with the Panthers front office apparently and it has clouded his judgement ever since. It's a shame, because he use to be a great Panthers beat writer.

yea, i mean okay, but in the world of journalism, being the best panthers beat writer is like being the math wiz in 3rd grade remedial arithmetic

"wow, Darin understands 1/4th of the times table. how does he do it?" said Joe Person, before eating spilled paste off the desk and accidentally swiping his spacemaker off of it, emptying 3 lbs of pencils and pens everywhere on the floor

#86 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

Gantt does seem to have his panties in a wad over some of these guys' firings, and that is probably the real reason he wrote his little op-ed piece. It will be interesting to see what he'll have to say if the team actually succeeds next year, and/or if more seasoned and experienced coaches are hired. Knowing Gantt like we all do, I bet he says nothing. Even if he does write something positive, be rest assured it will not be written with the gusto and enjoyment that undertones this little gem (which really says nothing substantive IMO).

#87 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,573 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

Gantt was on the "fire Rivera" train, so this article doesn't surprise me.

Everyone knows Gantt is BJ Monster

#88 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

The poster that bolded the part of the article hit the nail on the head. Gantt saying Rivera stood by while Hurney got fired is butthurtedness to a t. What other reason would he include that tidbit? I was at my job for two years and my boss was cut. I didn't say, wait but she hired me so fire me too! That's just ridiculous IMO.

#89 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

The poster that bolded the part of the article hit the nail on the head. Gantt saying Rivera stood by while Hurney got fired is butthurtedness to a t. What other reason would he include that tidbit? I was at my job for two years and my boss was cut. I didn't say, wait but she hired me so fire me too! That's just ridiculous IMO.

I agree about that comment; it was petty, but that alone isn't a reason to disqualify the rest of the article.

#90 ChinaPanther

ChinaPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

Darin is cracking me up with that s###.. Journalism today is totally designed to get a reaction and he certainly accomplished that.. Football moves were made by Rivera not PR moves Darin. Being negative about Cam Newton and the team he plays for sells.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.