Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Im on the Jim Popp bandwagon. Could be the perfect match.

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Thank Dator and the bunch!

Yep lol, good ole an inferior site, thats where I got the bulk of my info. Shame im still banned there. I still go there daily and read comments and articles

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeeeahhh, not up for this idea at all.

Posted

he has great hair. Gotta give him that

Yep!!!! I am sure him and Mel Kiper would hit it off big time.

Posted

I don't understand a single premise you are using to argue for the guy. He wins in the CFL? He owns panthers tickets? Somehow (I have no idea how) he is like Cam Newton? Uh, okay...

Posted

Yep lol, good ole an inferior site, thats where I got the bulk of my info. Shame im still banned there. I still go there daily and read comments and articles

As if we needed further proof.........

Posted

So because he is in the CFL that automatically means that he's never scouted players in the US?

He played college ball at Michigan State and has also coached college in the US and also has coached his CFL team in the past to a Grey Cup. Don't think Ross has that kind of a background. I'd say Popp knows a whole lot more than you guys want to give him credit for

1 person likes this

Posted

Looks like Barry Melrose. Do all Canadians look the same?

Posted

Also, Mt. Union could win the Grey Cup.

Posted

Competing in an 8 team league with lesser talent, different rules, a lesser pace and nowhere near the complexity of the NFL doesn't inspire confidence in me. Especially not when we have candidates who have 15 to 25 years of NFL experience.

If he were applying for a lesser job where he could work his way up, maybe. As it is, the Panthers are going to be in a highly complex situation over the next few seasons. Given those conditions, do you really want the team being run by someone who has to learn on the fly?

To me, Popp is a fallback candidate. Nothing more.

Posted

That's a big no on popp.

Posted

HELL NO

this guy would be terrible in the scouting department. everyone he looks at will look like a superstar because he is used to poo talent.

Posted

Canadian?

Isn't he born and raised right here in NC and has always lived up by Lake Norman? Maybe I am thinking of someone else.