Photo
- - - - -

Do you think the new GM signing will get this franchise beyond 2nd place?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#16 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Many posters on this site feel if you don't have 10,000 posts of worthless crap then you don't know what you're talking about.

#17 jgraham

jgraham

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Many posters on this site feel if you don't have 10,000 posts of worthless crap then you don't know what you're talking about.

Well i've no chance then! I've openly said that i've only been watching the sport for 2 seasons!

I definitely don't know what i'm talking about in that case

#18 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Your opinion is just as worthy as those who post this

"Derp, herpa, derpa, muhammed, jihad"

TL;DR

A picture of rage face

Booty shaking gif (which I love)

And anything mocking a thread that began as serious but was de-railed

Oh yea, "Cheap, High Quality Jerseys for sale!!!"

#19 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

yep, definitely a pecking order in place here.

#20 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,096 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Regardless, like a sheep I will mail in my payment for my season tickets when I get the invoice.

The only caveat is if Beane is hired. If he is hired I am not paying my ticket invoice. I'm willing to take a loss on the PSLs. Or maybe I will sell them for $1 to a broker so he can then sell the tickets to opposing fans every season.

#21 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,875 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

Lol at the Browns references and saying we haven't been a sucky franchise.

Ya you're right we have been the middle red headed stepchild.

Stuck in mediocrity and still not sure if we will ever get out of it.

What's wrong with wanting to be a good team making the playoffs more than not? Why do we have to compare ourselves to shitty teams like the Browns?

Who gives a shiit about those fans? I'm sick of the status quo of mediocrity and everybody saying it could be worse.

Why can't it be better? fug being second.

#22 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

I have noticed that many posters do get an apparently significant amount of satisfaction by whipping out and gazing down upon, what they feel to be, a sizeable and important e-peen.

#23 jgraham

jgraham

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

What's wrong with wanting to be a good team making the playoffs more than not? Why do we have to compare ourselves to shitty teams like the Browns?

Who gives a shiit about those fans? I'm sick of the status quo of mediocrity and everybody saying it could be worse.

The "I Told you so" is always easier to take when you're wrong for being overly pessemistic than optimistic.

I personally prefer to look on the positve side and that will perhaps show through teh more I post, but I can see why some prefer to have a constant downer on things.

#24 MechaZain

MechaZain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Hurney was dumb with contract negotiations but I think his negative effect on the talent is overstated. The way we win and lose makes it clear to me that playcalling is the difference between us and the elite teams, not necessarily a talent gap.

Next year is the Pray For Rivera Season.

#25 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

weren't the Wright brothers technichally 2nd too?

#26 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,357 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

To be fair, he contrasted us to the Browns.

At one point in this franchise's history, it had been to it's conference championship game 27.77777777777% of it's time in existence.
What other team can say that?

The 2005 playoffs put the retard gene in our former GM. Every season, he was prepared with running backs to avoid a repeat of that conference championship.
But the 2008 playoffs put this franchise in a downward spiral like we've never experienced. Every reaction is an over reaction.

Yet, every other team in the NFL has gone through much worse phases, for longer periods of time. Their fans kept their sanity. The Panthers? We have a guy comparing fatty cakes and fatty drinks to illustrate how bad of a franchise we are.

#27 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

I am on the Marc Ross bandwagon....

My list right now would be
1. Marc Ross
2. David Gettleman (with Beane learning under his wing to take over 5-10 years later)
3. Jim Popp

#28 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,469 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Not this year, once he brings in his own HC, then we'll get there.

#29 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

i posted this in another thread somewhere, at least i think i did.

of the teams that have been around since 1995 only 3 teams have had less winning seasons than us in that time frame...browns, cads, and raiders. we are on the same level as the bengals, lions, rams, and redskins and just behind the chiefs, jaguars, and bills (although the jags have only had 2 since 2000 and the bills one).

it's been 4 years without a winning season. the only teams who have gone longer are the rams, raiders, jaguars, browns, and bills. it's been just as long for us as it has been for the dolphins.

i don't know why fans aren't allowed to be pissed at this or lack confidence that their team knows what they are doing. i don't know why we aren't allowed to not accept the status quo. why aren't we allowed to bitch about a team that has done nothing but not win and then make excuses for not winning. the only thing this team has excelled in is making excuses and getting fans to buy them and keep buying tickets to games.

how many seasons have we had that started off slow and then had things pick up just enough at the end to let us believe that things were going to be different the following year?

the only thing worse than people who can't find anything good to say are those who will swallow whatever the team gives them and think that's what is being a good fan is... fans who think real fans don't criticize their team and then tell those to criticize to quit being fans.

#30 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,717 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

I'm not sure what you mean - is that a slight at my response and me saying I had limited experience?

You admit you have limited experience and therefore you ask questions. The people he's complaining about are those who think they understand how to run a real world franchise because they play the Madden video games.

Essentially, admitting you don't know something and asking questions is better than puffing yourself up and claiming to know it all and then saying things which prove that you know very little. So no, it wasn't directed at you.

You'll see Madden references on here a lot. Generally speaking, it's meant as as insult.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.