Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catalyst

Top-5 Prospects by Position

Catalyst    612

Patterson is as raw as they come. Needs to really improve is route running and hands.Taking a gamble drafting him. Which most ppl will be find with as the potential is there.

You can teach a guy route running. You can't teach the kind of natural playmaking ability Patterson has.

Dash Global    139

You can teach a guy route running. You can't teach the kind of natural playmaking ability Patterson has.

Route running yes, hands not so much. Either way the potential is there that would justify a high pick.

But with the draft being so deep with WRs and our line issues we cant afford to take a WR in the 1st.

Catalyst    612

I'd like him in the 2nd, but he seems like more of a #2 to me than an elite #1. And I don't see the burst that NFL WR's need. Not just in that video, but in game clips I've watched of him. I'm a bigger fan of Justin Hunter than him, TBH, but I don't view either as top-5.

Dash Global    139

He might not be all world like megatron but he is an absolute stud and could be most teams #1. At the bare minimum you will have the best #2 in the league.

Sign me up!

Catalyst    612

Route running yes, hands not so much. Either way the potential is there that would justify a high pick.

But with the draft being so deep with WRs and our line issues we cant afford to take a WR in the 1st.

Hands... well, it's true it can't be taught, but guys can improve in this area. Just look at Brandon LaFell.

RockyTopVol    273

No, Hunter didnt have as impressive year as many hoped.

Rogers played for Tenn in 2011 I believe and tore up the SEC.

I'm sorry, I thought you were referring to Zach Rodgers, who is also a good WR prospect from TN...just definitely not a first round talent.

Da'Rick Rogers is a better WR prospect than both Patterson and Hunter, but it is almost a certainty that he will get into trouble. "Character issues" are a huge cause for concern with him. Dooley gave him numerous chances to straighten himself out, but he never cared enough to try. He was apparently a huge locker room problem, too. He screamed at coaches and players on a daily basis.

Dash Global    139

Just like with Dez Bryant the talent justifies a 2nd round pick.

I wouldnt spend a 1st on him. You can put in stipulations to his contract that would help keep him in line, not to mention leadership from vets.