Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darth Biscuit

Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear RFID Tracker Loses Lawsuit

33 posts in this topic

IMO, making her wear a "tracking device" because if the family feels it is infringing on their religious beliefs then it is unconstitutional to make her wear it.

I don't think it's the "Mark of the Beast," but it certainly should give people pause. Combine this with a story I saw on one of the Morning Shows (CBS I think) a few years ago where schools had given kids laptops but had remote control over the integrated cameras in them and this is where we are headed.

In that story about the laptops, the school was actually reprimanding kids for stuff they had going on at home as a result of it being caught on audio or video through the laptop.

But she has a choice.

The badge is part of a pilot program at a magnet school. She has the ability to return to her home school where there are no badges or RFID tags.

Definitely agree... but how do they decide what is and what isn't religious?

Here is the definition in federal law:

To be a bona fide religious belief entitled to protection under either the First Amendment or Title VII, a belief must be sincerely held, and within the believer's own scheme of things religious

So I think as long as the court can convince itself that the person isn't screwing or lying around then the religion test passes. Which is why witchcraft is a religion in the USA for example.

I think the girl would have won if the school hadn't offered the non chip badge.

Here is the definition in federal law:

So I think as long as the court can convince itself that the person isn't screwing or lying around then the religion test passes. Which is why witchcraft is a religion in the USA for example.

I think the girl would have won if the school hadn't offered the non chip badge.

Absolutely.

Well that combined with the fact that its a magnet school so she chose to attend that school as opposed to her assigned school.

Definitely agree... but how do they decide what is and what isn't religious?

I think it's been ruled by the courts that the Free Exercise Clause protects religious beliefs, not religious practices that run counter to laws.

This is why you can't marry 4 women simply because you're religion says to do it. Or why you don't have to pay taxes because some of the money is used for war that might be against your region or pay for health insurance that covers birth control etc. etc. etc.

I think there is more to it then what I'm saying but there is a lot of precedent on the subject.

1 person likes this

I think it's been ruled by the courts that the Free Exercise Clause protects religious beliefs, not religious practices that run counter to laws.

This is why you can't marry 4 women simply because you're religion says to do it. Or why you don't have to pay taxes because some of the money is used for war that might be against your region or pay for health insurance that covers birth control etc. etc. etc.

I think there is more to it then what I'm saying but there is a lot of precedent on the subject.

I think you are spot on.

Look at everyone getting along.

Religion bringing people together again!

What do you think about putting these kinds of "trackers" on students?

That is an extremely dangerous precedent to set.

Look at everyone getting along.

Religion bringing people together again!

Adult discussion can be had in the Tinderbox.

who cares....americans are still slaves to the government

The tracker was not really the issue as much as the BLOOD SACRIFICE!! before they issued it.

Reenacted to protect the innocent.

1474710015_12c39bd6e4.jpg