#16 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Look at everyone getting along.

Religion bringing people together again!

#17 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,196 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

What do you think about putting these kinds of "trackers" on students?

That is an extremely dangerous precedent to set.

#18 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,460 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Look at everyone getting along.

Religion bringing people together again!

Adult discussion can be had in the Tinderbox.

#19 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

who cares....americans are still slaves to the government

#20 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

No please, tell me more about this Amway....sounds promising

• HUDDLER
  • 4,964 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

The tracker was not really the issue as much as the BLOOD SACRIFICE!! before they issued it.

Reenacted to protect the innocent.

Posted Image

#21 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,069 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

The tracker was not really the issue as much as the BLOOD SACRIFICE!! before they issued it.

Reenacted to protect the innocent.

Posted Image

that is awesome

#22 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,640 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

It would not surprise me to see this idea spread as communities attempt to address security issues in schools. Chips are a practical way to track something, whether it be your cell phone, a car in a toll lane, your pet when it gets lost or every freakin' American citizen from cradle to grave. On the up side, this should eventually resolve the voter ID issue.

#23 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,143 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Invent an implant that scans for chips within 100 yards or so when your heart stops. Would make solving murder pretty easy.

#24 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,640 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Invent an implant that scans for chips within 100 yards or so when your heart stops. Would make solving murder pretty easy.

Tinderbox Circa 2025: Should Your Child's ID Implant Include Private Medical Information?

#25 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,494 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

http://www.ibtimes.c...ImV4XWFHo.email

On Monday, the Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) announced an ambitious plan to transform the visitor experience at its Disney World Resort near Orlando, Fla. The MyMagic+ program, which will roll out this spring, combines an interactive website and mobile app with an all-purpose electronic bracelet that acts as a guest’s room key, theme-park ticket and payment account all rolled into one. The bracelets, dubbed MagicBands, will also track which rides visitors use, which characters they interact with, where they go and what they buy within the park.
The bracelets monitor behavior with radio-frequency identification technology, or RFID, a wireless tracking system that transfers from tiny tags attached to objects. RFID has long been used to track product inventory in various industries, but it has become increasingly invasive over the last decade, with tags being implanted in I.D. badges, transitcards and even passports. [/font]

#26 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,069 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

http://www.ibtimes.c...ImV4XWFHo.email

Not really that much different than reward cards by grocery stores and best buy.

If someone dies not like using them they have a choice ...do not frequent private property owned by Disney.

We are not talking about personal or medical data. We are talking about what rides you get on or shops you frequent.

#27 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,942 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

I think it's been ruled by the courts that the Free Exercise Clause protects religious beliefs, not religious practices that run counter to laws.

This is why you can't marry 4 women simply because you're religion says to do it. Or why you don't have to pay taxes because some of the money is used for war that might be against your region or pay for health insurance that covers birth control etc. etc. etc.

I think there is more to it then what I'm saying but there is a lot of precedent on the subject.

That was true at one point, but recent court rulings (in the last 50 years or so) have modified that stance to an extent. The court ruled that the government should respect religious practices unless there is a compelling state interest not to do so. There was a case in the 90's in which the courts struck down laws forbidding the killing of animals for anything other than food because they said it specifically targeted santeria rituals.

I don't think their rulings will have an impact on this case though. Sounds like they didn't have much of a case to begin with.

#28 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

The courts have ruled that the constitution is limited for minors especially when it comes to schools and especially with regard to the 4th amendment. So I doubt this is unconstitutional. I don't particularly like it but as long as it is school grounds only I wouldn't care if my kid wore one.

As far as the question of religion, if we are going to protect religion then somebody will have to decide what is and isn't religion and it seems reasonable that that job would lie with the courts.

Freedom of religion has never been strictly upheld, nor should it be. Otherwise, religions that engage in cannibalism would be completely constitutional on public property.

What matters is freedom of open, unpopular expression, political or religious. Freedom of religious action, obviously, should end where anyone else has their rights infringed upon (i.e. religious violence against abortion).

#29 pantherfan82

pantherfan82

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationNORTH CAROLINA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

In this case work the lawsuit being based on religous beliefs the court is right since the school offered her a is without the chip. The bigger issue is well what suprises me is all the students just accept this. The problem is these chips don't just track you at school they can track you off school property anywhere there is a chip reader. It's a big privacy issue.

#30 pantherfan82

pantherfan82

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationNORTH CAROLINA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

With these chips the school knows when you get into the parking lot, they know when you walk into a room in the school even a bathroom. The same can be done outside of school

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.